Old 09-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1957 22' Caravanner
1960 26' Overlander
1963 24' Tradewind
El Paso , Texas
Does it have to be an Airstream?

Originally Posted by Airperson View Post
Has anyone had any panels repaired at the Denton Texas location Airstream dealership? If so would you recommend their service department?
It is a long way from Texas to Jackson Center…
If it doesn't have to be an Airstream dealer how about talking to Lance(Top)?He does incredible work and I think he's pretty close to you(Harker Hts).Here's his info and he's all over this forum if you don't already know him.
Top's Texas Vintage Campers, Recreational Vehicles, Harker Heights, TX 76548 - index
Good Luck.

desertair27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
panel work

North Dallas RV is good at body work. However, I would not use them for anything beyond that. Stay away from electrical or systems repair there. Had a bad experience (fire) some years ago after they installed an AC & took short cuts. Skin & rivet work is their specialty. ALso, there's a local person here that took over the service from Roger Williams in Weatherford and does top notch work including custom stuff. Takes pride in it. If you don't get what you need from North Dallas or the other dealer drop me a p.m. & I'll give you his contact info.

"would you rather have a mansion full of money or a trailer full of love?"

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #17
2006 25' Classic
Ft Worth , Texas
Tin Hut, Thanks for your input; your type of information is exactly what I need to help with my decision. There is nothing like experience (and if one hasn’t had any in that area) it sure pays to listen to someone that has. Happy Trails…
Airperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #18
2006 25' Classic
Ft Worth , Texas
Well, I was over in Dallas over the weekend and I drove by the North Dallas Airstream repair location. Safari you were spot on about how that place looks. This morning I called the Jackson Center and asked them about it. They gave it thumbs up for metal work as they have many years of experience. The guy up there said you can’t tell a book by its cover. He also said we were welcome to bring it on up to Jackson Center if we wanted to. It is getting so late in the season I am wondering if we would run into snow or bad weather.
Airperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #19
Rivet Master
2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Actually this is a great time of the year to travel to Ohio. The weather is warm in the day and cool at night. The leaves will be in full color about second week in Oct.
Go for it!
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member
1965 20' Globetrotter
Keller , Texas
I've never had body work done on my trailer, but I can vouch for North Dallas' level of service ... They are very honest, and have done a good job when I've needed it. As some have said, their shop is nothing to look at, but they do good work and are friendly, to boot. The owner also showed me his large supply of panels from vintage rigs, which was nice to know ... Our last spring hailstorm wasn't very kind to my '65 GT.
phoenix491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #21
2007 19' Bambi
Irving , Texas
Yes, I have used Explore USA in Denton for a panel repair. They did a good job in what I consider a legitimate amount of time. It was a "one panel" job on the corner.

Last May, we had a HAIL storm... [tennis ball size... really...]
Needless to say, since I park my 19 Bambi in the driveway, almost every panel was really hit hard and dented all over.
Since I had been there before, I contacted ExUSA, Denton again.
They said I might as well take it to North Dallas RV cause that's where they would send a job like mine. In addition, they told me that their AS Certified man had quit and gone to work at NDRV.

That's where my trailer is now, and has been for 4 1/2 MONTHS!
I know that they are considered the best, but in my experience VERY SLOW.
Perhaps I'm being unfair since the lot contained maybe 25 or 30 ASs when I pulled in.
But, I'm still frustrated. Seems everytime I talk to them it's going to be two or three more weeks. If they would have just told me in the beginning that it would take 5 months, at least I would have known.
I will say one VERY POSITIVE thing about them. Randy is truly an expert and a very friendly and professional guy. The management is well... management.
All in all, I think I will get a first rate job and we did manage to live thru the summer without our trailer.
Life is short. Play hard.
BlueBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member
2001 30' Classic S/O
2001 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel 300 hp w/slide
Helotes , Texas
Smile Panel Repair

I had my trailer at Texas RV Supply in San Antonio for a minor repair. As one of their customers was they backed their 5th wheeler into the back of our Airstream damaging the 2 rear drivers side panels. Immediately Tony, the service manager told me not to worry they would worgk with the insurance companies and would order the panels that day.

Less than 2 weeks late my Airstream is repaired and the work is excellent and I only had ONE phonecall from the insureded insurance company.

I would trust the staff at Texas RV for any repairs and wil pay their prices for parts and accessories because of the excellent customer service
lsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #23
Rivet Master
2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
Less than 2 weeks late my Airstream is repaired and the work is excellent and I only had ONE phonecall from the insureded insurance company.

I would trust the staff at Texas RV for any repairs and wil pay their prices for parts and accessories because of the excellent customer service
I'm thrilled to hear it Larry.

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."-- Thomas Jefferson
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #24
Rivet Master
1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
Give Paul Mayeux a call..he is an authorized Airstream Service Center in Paradise TX...does great work...cell is 817-919-3651 or home 940-433-8326...tell him I sent you his way....
History doesn't repeat itself, people do!
Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #25
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
I got the same story at Denton Explore in terms of their body guy quitting shortly after they had got him trained, but the story I got was that he decided to go back to truck driving, but that was in June so they may have gone through another one. We had some service work done at Denton and it was fine. Their parts inventory system leaves a little bit to be desired... it took them about 35 minutes to track down a replacement light they had ordered for me. And there was the $10 handling fee.... but I can see it if AS is charging them.

Was thinking about have North Dallas to a tv mount for me but ive decided to just keep the tv on the stand so we can move it back and forth from living area to bedroom.
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member
2008 27' Safari FB SE
Mesquite , Texas
I will "third" the recommendation for Paul Mayeux. He does outstanding work. I would trust him with about anything on an Airstream. He is not too far from Denton. Maybe 40 miles or so.
wayner61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:15 AM   #27
Vintage Kin
Corpus Christi , Texas
Bookmarked. Aluminum trailers and bodywork: no small thing.

1990 35' Silver Streak Sterling; 9k GVWR.
2004 DODGE Cummins 305/555; 6-manual; 9k GVWR.
Hensley Arrow. 10-cpm solo, 18-cpm towing
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote