Old 12-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #15
2007 28' International CCD
Windermere , Florida
J C Sanders just replaced a long side panel for us. Goodyear Marathon tread separation that flapped around causing great damage.
Their work was excellent and done on time. Honest and very nice folks.
The cost was was right at or less than what the expert at AS in Jackson quoted to me over the phone.
I made sure our AS was at the dealership before the insurance estimator could get a look at the damage. As it turned out, Sanders was able to take photos and deal directly with our insurer by email/phone.
The insurance company originally wanted to have a claims person who had no experience with AS estimates write the damage up. I new that would result in insufficient coverage.
Anyway, you'll get it fixed right by those boys in Alachua.

Tom W

2007 28' Int CCD.
2011 F 250 Big Honking Diesel
DTV 5lnb on a tripod.
Wilson wired repeater with YAG.
Two big screens
15dB Backfire WiFi antenna and WaveMagnum
Hawkshead Tire Monitors.
henw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
1955 22' Flying Cloud
1962 22' Flying Cloud
1962 22' Flying Cloud
Yakima , Washington
It never fails. I keep track of all kinds of items that are available and items needed and of course they are always 3000 miles apart.Case in point, I know of a 73 that was snow crushed last winter and has two beautiful end caps. It will be interesting to see how this all works out. What ever you do, don't get rid of your trailer.

Wally H.
Parts needed
1962 Street side corner tub
range or parts
Dometic 50 or parts
flyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Sparks , Nevada
Tonight a guy from a dent repair shop is coming by to look at Ophelia. He has never worked on an Airstream but, has pulled dents from helicopters and small planes. He uses a (glued) tab system with a slide hammer (?). The glue is not a overly high-tensile strength one. Thus, the tab/glue would fail before the aluminum. He said the only damage on the heli was a few broken rivets which were probably already damaged. I probably won't have any work done in advance of getting a full estimate from Sanders during the holidays - unless this guy is really confident that he can work it out. Actually, I have another small dent that I will suggest he work with first to get a feel for how the aluminum reacts (this dent is near the beltline, below the rear, right marker light and does not have any creases). Here's a pic of the seperate ding.

Let me know if ya'll have any ideas on this method of dent removal!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00811.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	92642   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00812.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	92643  

funkill is offline   Reply With Quote