Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Ribs, Skins & Rivets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2005, 06:07 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
SS rivets are easy to come by they are much stronger and they won't react with the steel or the aluminum.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 06:24 AM   #42
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
It's the FULL MONTY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59
Did you check the floor under the toilet. If that's gone you might as well do the . ........... I can't bring myself to say it.
You called it! Additional info has come to light since I posted. There is a spot of rot under the bathroom sink, another by the refrigerator floor vent and near the door, and a suspected third spot under the shower.

Add to all that the fact that we know the black tank has cracks on the top, and we're looking at the infamous Full Monty ... just like Stef ... just like so many others on this forum.

I may have to start a new thread or photo album with the pictures. But it's not a problem financially ... my daughter doesn't *really* need to go to college!

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:41 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rluhr
You called it! Additional info has come to light since I posted. There is a spot of rot under the bathroom sink, another by the refrigerator floor vent and near the door, and a suspected third spot under the shower.

Add to all that the fact that we know the black tank has cracks on the top, and we're looking at the infamous Full Monty ... just like Stef ... just like so many others on this forum.

I may have to start a new thread or photo album with the pictures. But it's not a problem financially ... my daughter doesn't *really* need to go to college!

Fun fun!

We sealed the decking with epoxy resin thined out to penetrate better. Seems to be doing quite well. I also put down a seamless vinyl floor BEFORE I put the shell on when I did the body off. The hope was to make an envelope to help preven any water getting to the wood. When things get bolted back to the floor the vinyl floor should act like a gasket.

So far so good. We still have a leak (interrior not installed yet) but the wood deck is dry.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:18 AM   #44
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rluhr
But it's not a problem financially ... my daughter doesn't *really* need to go to college!
Nah. she's a smart kid. she'll do fine.

besides, she's due to inherit you're media empire, anyway. no worries!!
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote