Old 08-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Finding cabinets from the home industries, that fit your Airstream, that are sturdy and light weight, is probably slim to none.

We can help you with tambour doors.

Did you miss the part of Andys' post where he says he can help with tambour doors? Possibly a closer Airstream dealer to you may be able to get them too! The last post above mine has tambour tracks available to you if you need them for only the cost of shipping. You might be able to cut them to any size you need and the price is right. You can build your own stick frames and fronts for cabinets, just try to think light weight in all you you work up. The cabinet fronts don't need to be made of MDF if plywood would be lighter weight. Ask at the lumberyard or lumber dept of the local Lowes, Menards, Home Depot etc. Countertops can be made from plywood and formica and routered to fit the walls curves. Take note of existing cabinets (if any are still in the trailer) and that should show you how they were attached to the interior walls and floors. Be sure to do a mock up for fit out of luan plywood and that will save you time and money in mistakes. Layout is important to set up before you start building anything in as a permanent fixture when it comes to fit and finish. Take your time. I have been restoring for 5 years a little at a time and still have a ways to go. In the end, if you put them together yourself, you have the pride of your finished labors and you know where every screw, and nail, and piece of trim is and how you attached it. That's what it's all about afterall! Enjoy the adventure and take your time. Happy Trails, Ed

1967 Safari Twin "Landshark" w/International trim package
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat!
When I looked at the tire... I noticed your CAT!"
Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Send a message via ICQ to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Yahoo to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Skype™ to 53flyingcloud
Originally Posted by gutsgolf View Post
Does anyone know where i can get the metal trim that goes around cabinets and counters in 71 soverign land yatch. it si copper colored now. Wife wantd to change color
It's easier to change "wife"...

WBCCI 5292 AIR 807
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
Originally Posted by 53flyingcloud View Post
It's easier to change "wife"...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That was good. MY wife will be reading this soon though...

Bowmans is offline   Reply With Quote