Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1994 34' Excella
Warren , Manitoba
Under counter pantry slide removal

I am trying to figure out how to remove the slide out under counter pantry style shelves on a 1994 34' Classic. Have looked at the slide mechanism and I can see no way to unlock and pull the unit out. The reason I want to do this is because it looks like the end of the slide inside the cabinet has come loose and the drawer is not fitting correctly. The bottom is out about 1/2" compared to the one beside it. Also, there are a few items that have come off the shelves and need to be retieved. Thanks
CBWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
modesto , California
CB, I am not sure about your 94 Clasic. However I built a pull out pantry for my 64 Safari and the slides I used have no release to remove them. Yours may be the same.
If that is the case you will have to open the pantry and remove the screws that hold the shelf in place. The top will be easy, however because of the limited space on the bottom you may have to feel for the screws and remove them with a short screw driver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8908-2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	220688  
batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
modesto , California
CB, once again, I am not sure about your particular pantry. However to stop things from falling out of the shelves, you may want to try what I did to mine. I put strips of peal and stick Velcro on both insides of the face frame and got some aluminum bar stock from Home Depot and Cut and polished them, cut small tabs of Velcro for the ends. That makes them adjustable and removable for what ever size items you might have on the shelf. Hope this helps. Good luck with yours.

-Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8936-2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	220694  
batman is offline   Reply With Quote