Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1979 31' Excella 500
indio , California
sink covers

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the lamenated cutting board sink covers for my 1979 Excella? I've tried alot of RV places online but it seems as though all anyone has these days are the butcher block or plastic cutting board covers. I don't need them to be original, but I would like them to match the almond colored countertop if possible. I know I could buy some laminate and resurface the cutting boards but it just seems so much easier to buy the darn things if they are available. Thanks, Mike
brwarriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
If I were in the market for one, the first place I would check is my cabinet or countertop guy. They have all the tools and colors.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:51 AM   #3
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Sorry Mike, but you won't be able to just buy them off the shelf. Your best bet is to resurface the ones you have or better yet just make new ones. As Dave mentions, a local small countertop company could bang them out for you in no time.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:56 AM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
An alternative is to check the classifieds here on the forums. If there are none there, you can also post a want ad for them.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1979 31' Excella 500
indio , California
Thank you one and all. Great suggestions. After searching online and in the classified section I really didn't think they were still available. But I was hoping. I'm off to check the yellow pages for cabinet makers. One thing I'm learning about owning a 30 year old trailer is you either have to be a pretty good handyman or you have to be rich. I'm in trouble on both counts. Lets hope nothing major goes wrong. Thanks again for the help. Mike
brwarriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
There's a 3rd option...

Mike-

If you're not real handy, and not rich, then you can still enjoy your vintage trailer by exercising the 3rd option...

Lower your standards!

Some of the items might just not match perfectly, but will still be functional and stay within the budget... It also does pay to share a want here, as someone may be about to dump what you're needing. I've come close, but found homes for things I thought nobody would want, until I got to salmon pink mini-blinds... Those sadly went to the landfill...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote