Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2002, 12:55 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Wow, a little vinegar and water is more effective than the high priced sanitizers.
On The Road, USA
gwsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 01:59 PM   #22
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
My experience is that the old stuff almost all ways works better than the newfangled ones that promise to do this and that. My father owned an industrial commercial chemical sales company and the stuff off the shelf is so watered down that it is almost better to use plain old soap and water.

Besides if vinegar smelled good, most of the chemical companies would not have a product to sell. I try to buy commercial or in concentrate so I can control the strength of what I am using.

I did find it interesting the info that is now available on wood vs. plastic. Our plastic ones go in the dishwasher after every use, and I have a veggie board and a meat board that I use exclusively for the individual foodstuffs. I quit using wood 15 years ago because at the time the research said wood was botulism waiting to happen. Now I find out that the plastic ones are dulling my knives aaarrrgggg
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 05:52 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

Butcher Block Sink Covers

Try to find the butcher block off a portable dishwasher. It works wonderfully well. You have to cut it to fit of couse.
Gordon Watt is offline   Reply With Quote