Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Kennesaw , Georgia
Question Rickety dinette table

I have an '07 25' Safari FB SE; the dinette table is rickety. That is, it has a lot of play in the upper brackets that hold it in place, so when you put an elbow on the table it moves down on your side and up on the other. Adjusted the single leg with no luck.

The dealer managed to get it firmly set, but the first time we moved the table we're back to wobbling again. There appears to be no way to adjust the wire support to move the table up higher in the catch brackets.

Ideas?

Lance
TennisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Hey Lance,

There is a bulletin out from Airstream on this issue...we just had to do one for Chief that was the same way.

You have to go in under the window and pull the alum. back and add more support behind that...you must drill out the rivets and remove the window trim to do this.

Your dealer should have all the instructions on how to do this...if not, the factory will fax him all the info.

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Mine has done it since day one. Another picture of a well engineered product.

I don't suppose this is being covered for folks that are out of warranty? Oops, did I really just ask that?!?
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Willoughby , Ohio
I'm not sure how the Safari Dinette tables attach to the wall, but I took two index cards and folded them - then inserted the two tabs on the table into the folds and put that combination into the slots on the wall of our CCD to get it to stop wobbling. Sort of like Tab A into Slot B but I wrapped Tab A in a folded index card before inserting into Slot B.
2005 28' CCD, 2011 Sierra 5.3L, Equal-I-Zer
Empty Nesters - spending our money on OURSELVES for a change!
Steve & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:37 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
I had the same kind of problem with the dinette table in the Argosy, and I took a leftover bit of weatherstripping (the kind with the sticky back) and put it in each of the tabs. No more rocking.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:32 AM   #6
Cyclist

2007 28' International CCD
Windermere , Florida
I stuck a thick piece of tape at each hinge. Solved the wobble.
Wilson wired repeater with YAG.
Two big screens
15dB Backfire WiFi antenna and WaveMagnum
Centramatics.
Hawkshead Tire Monitors.
henw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Kennesaw , Georgia
Thanx, took care of it by wedging some rubber material into the tabs.

A/S tech support says that the under-table support wire must be too low and would have a dealer re-position the lower support brackets for the wire. Might do that, but don't want any screw holes exposed from moving the supports up half an inch or so.

Lance
TennisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Gahanna , Ohio
tennisman,

you are not alone. mine does it as well. I thought maybe it was someone telling me I shouldn't be putting my elbow on the table.

I'll be looking for a wedge or strip of sorts to stiffen it up.

-yakman
yakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2007 19' Safari SE
Seal Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve & Susan View Post
I'm not sure how the Safari Dinette tables attach to the wall, but I took two index cards and folded them - then inserted the two tabs on the table into the folds and put that combination into the slots on the wall of our CCD to get it to stop wobbling. Sort of like Tab A into Slot B but I wrapped Tab A in a folded index card before inserting into Slot B.
Our dinette table just started loosening up on a recent trip. I was sure that I was the only one with this issue! Sure pays to check out the forums before tackling a problem! Thanks, Steve & Susan; your "fix" sounds like it's worth trying before the remodel suggested by the factory.

Jerry & Susan
2007 19' Bambi SE; 2018 Ford F-350 5.4L SuperCrew 4x4
ESCAPE POD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:50 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
2011 19' International
2007 25' International CCD FB
Pleasant Hill , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog1 View Post
Hey Lance,

There is a bulletin out from Airstream on this issue...we just had to do one for Chief that was the same way.

You have to go in under the window and pull the alum. back and add more support behind that...you must drill out the rivets and remove the window trim to do this.

Your dealer should have all the instructions on how to do this...if not, the factory will fax him all the info.

G
Anyone have any experience with this on their own. My local dealer closed up shop so it is a significant drive to the next. If there are instructions out there I might try this on my own...
BoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote