Old 09-12-2016, 05:12 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2006 19' Safari SE
2003 25' Classic
Anacortes , Washington
Removal of cabinet from above stove

We have a 19' Bambi (2006) and I would like to replace three missing rivets in the interior skin. Unfortunately, they are above the cabinet over the stove and are thus impossible to get to with a pop riveting tool. So, I'd like to remove the cabinet.

How is it removed? Or just moved enough to get to the missing rivets. Just remove the screws (see attached pic)? Does the stove vent exterior vent need to be removed?

Is there anything to be careful about (besides the obvious) in moving the cabinet..... e.g., will the screw holes line up again without doing something special?

Thanks in advance,

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet screws.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	359.9 KB
ID:	271582   Click image for larger version

Name:	outside stove vent.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	271583  

ghatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:11 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member
2006 19' Safari SE
2003 25' Classic
Anacortes , Washington
How to remove the cabinet

I will answer my own question. I called AS technical support and they were helpful and confirmed which screws to remove. Two that I had not anticipated were in the adjacent closet (see pic). So there are 10 in all.

I first removed the stove exhaust (4 screws underneath and two on the bracket holding the back). You might be able to get away without removing it, but it did make it easier to simply lower the cabinet to allow the rivet replacement. The exhaust fan just slides into the outside vent housing (male/female) so there is no reason to remove the outside vent.

Once the exhaust fan was removed, I used a small bench and some blocks of wood to support the cabinet (heavy!) when the screws were removed. As shown in the previous post, there are four screws in each cabinet (top and bottom) which secure the cabinet; plus the two in the closet.

Once the rivets were replaced, it was fairly easy to slide the cabinet back in place and reattach it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet lowered for rivet repair.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	409.7 KB
ID:	271631   Click image for larger version

Name:	screws to cabinet inside closet.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	271632  

ghatfield is offline   Reply With Quote