Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2002, 10:38 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Joan D'Andrea
Lightbulb Phone cord

I have been struggling with my outdoor phone cord and came up with an idea. I bought a small fishing reel at the local cheapo fishing supplies place and turned it into a retractor for the cord. It fits neatly into the side bin depression of my soveriegn (outside bin to TV and Radio hook up). When I need the chord I just open the bin and reel out what is needed. BTW, I run the chord out the access pipe on the left side) and when I am finished with it I reel it back in. It has occured to me that I ougt to go big time and get one of the push button, automatic rewind reels, but I'm to economical to do it and the reel I have works just fine. JLD

PS, Got the idea from the Radioshack cheapo short wave antenna. My theory is youcan make almost anything out there for yourself if you just experiment.