Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2019, 07:27 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' International
Boise , Idaho
New sliding doors in the overhead cabinets

Hi all,

I've found and purchased new 3form material for the overhead cabinets in our Intl. From the get-go I didn't like the Serenity sliders. I know many like them a lot, but to me they look like spiderwebs and lack a clean look. I found some "reclaim" 3form material in a bamboo design that I love.

Now I need to remove the original sliding doors which I thought would be as simple as lifting them off the tracks, but thats not what I've found. Anyone know how these are supposed to be removed and installed?

Thanks,
Adam
afk314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Mine is an Eddie Bauer, and the lift and remove works, but I have to center the outside panel in the track and use a scraper to get the panel up and out of the bottom track. After that repeat with the inside track. The panels are heavy and awkward.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
How did it go for you ?
One thing I have noticed is that the tracks on my 2012 are stronger yhan the ones on my original 2005. And the outside ends are "pinched" so that it takes a little extra push to totally close the doors - but they don't vibrate open while traveling on even semi-decent roads.

They will wear though, especially the ones on the rear end of the coach, because that is where the swings from turns have the longest arc. I think I will need a new bottom track before too long on that one.

Paula