Old 05-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1982 31' Excella
City , Florida
My kitchen Tambour is out of its track, what...

... is the trick to getting it back in the tracks? The Tambour in question is the top one under the kitchen sink (see photos). I've undone all of the screws in the tracks that I can see but I can't budge it.

I can't take out the vertical metal container box that it rolls into because it appears to metal and runs from the countertop through the shelf to the floor and is trapped by the shelf. Further, it appears to be assembled with staples and it seems that even if I could get the staples out it would still be trapped.

I've searched the forums and although there are numerous threads about Tambours I didn't see any about how to them back in their tracks.

So, has anyone had this problem and if so how did they solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1306.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	339.3 KB
ID:	211271   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1307.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	211272  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1308.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	211273  

AFUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
My bad news is that when I had to repair the vertical tambour materials in my 71 Caravel, I had to literally dismantle the entire cabinet system to get it out and back in. I mean, even had to take the countertop off. Airstream did some really strange assembly in some of their specific trailers. In some you have to do that same total disassembly to get the furnace out for service or replacement.

So, don't be surprised if there is no easy way to do the tambour. Been there, done that and it was not fun.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote