Old 03-29-2008, 10:20 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Table hinge bracket

After a futile effort searching the internet for instructions to this table-hinge contraption (even Chinese insructions would've helped), I finally got the expert advice from a forum member! Thank you Pahaska!

I'm not kidding you, we ( an engineer, a ships pilot and a physics scientist!) all sat around our new dinette and couldn't figure out how the dang thing worked. After a few beers I, who am not an engineer- a mere plebe, told them that I knew where to find the instructions...voila!

These forums are invaluable. THANK YOU!

Karin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ramo.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	57205  

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
I just received our 'table' kit from Vintage Trailer Supply. So this old thread popped up just in time. Mine did not come with installation instructions but being of above average IQ I don't want to ask anyone "How???" However, the 'parts' baggy broke in the shipping box and I had to root around in the packaging to find all the little parts. The only part not shown in the photos in this thread are 2 small white plastic wedgy looking things. Where do these go? They are maybe an inch and a half long and 1/2" wide...ish. I don't mind the challenge but we are leaving for a Rally in 2 weeks (NorCal Casini Ranch) and we hope our 2 grandsons with their parents will show up. The dinete bed will come in handy.
Neil.

FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:49 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminati
After a futile effort searching the internet for instructions to this table-hinge contraption (even Chinese insructions would've helped), I finally got the expert advice from a forum member! Thank you Pahaska!

I'm not kidding you, we ( an engineer, a ships pilot and a physics scientist!) all sat around our new dinette and couldn't figure out how the dang thing worked. After a few beers I, who am not an engineer- a mere plebe, told them that I knew where to find the instructions...voila!

These forums are invaluable. THANK YOU!

Karin
Karin; if I recall correct I don't remember your TW having a dinette. Did not you remodel it out? I guess I will need to check yours out in 2 weeks.
Neil
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 03-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
mysterious instructions...

We just got our "kit" last weekend and there were no plastic wedgie thingies in the kit. Perhaps they are part of the packaging? Or someone has a funny sense of humor...

This is not an intuitive assembly. There are no manufacturers assemby instructions and the teeny-tiny photos are useless. The instructions from Pahaska seem excellent. Talk to me in a few hours...
Did anyone have trouble fitting the contraption between the curtain slide and the electrical box? Just anticipating!

Since we both are gong to the Casini NorCal Rally, it'll be a contest to see who finishes first!

Cocktails in the Batcave at 5 o'clock.

karin
Attached Images

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 03-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Just say "No" to gaucho's"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir
Karin; if I recall correct I don't remember your TW having a dinette. Did not you remodel it out? I guess I will need to check yours out in 2 weeks.
Neil
Yes, you are correct. We didn't have a dinette. We had ripped out the ugly gaucho 2 years ago and just used a a couple of chairs and a little table instead. But since Mark has had some time off (no construction work going onhere in NorCal), he installed a Marmoleum floor and built a new dinette! It is gorgeous, but the table hinge installation is the last thing to do to make it complete. I'll let you know how it all works out.

karin

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 03-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Thumbs up Success

It didn't take Mark all that long to install the table-hinge contraption, once we got the instructions from Pahaska. And, it works!

Oh, by the way, Neil, we did have those two plastic deelios (they were hiding). We still can't figure out what they're for.
Anyone?

Cheers!
Karin

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 03-30-2008, 12:11 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
It didn't take Mark all that long to install the table-hinge contraption, once we got the instructions from Pahaska. And, it works!

Oh, by the way, Neil, we did have those two plastic deelios (they were hiding). We still can't figure out what they're for.
Anyone?

Cheers!
Karin
Hi Karin

The dinette in my Excella has two black plastic blocks on the seats away from the wall near the aisle to support the table when the leg is folded and it is lowered to make a bed. I have included a photo below. Could the mysterious plastic thingies be meant to be used like this? It is pretty dark down there, so the illumination from the flash is harsh, but you can get the idea. (I took a second photo after seeing the dust on top. The dust actually adds definition. The second one is nothing but a blob of black.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Table_Block1_DSC00416sm.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	373.2 KB
ID:	57280  
Old 03-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by vswingfield
Hi Karin

The dinette in my Excella has two black plastic blocks on the seats away from the wall near the aisle to support the table when the leg is folded and it is lowered to make a bed. I have included a photo below. Could the mysterious plastic thingies be meant to be used like this? It is pretty dark down there, so the illumination from the flash is harsh, but you can get the idea. (I took a second photo after seeing the dust on top. The dust actually adds definition. The second one is nothing but a blob of black.)
I was thinking that I was going to add such "blocks" to support the table when it becomes a bed. But I am concerned the blocks might be annoying when sitting on the gaucho. Do you find that so? When our "children" were children we had a very nice tent trailer. The table rested on a cleat that ran along each gaucho seat.
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 03-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Not At All

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir
I was thinking that I was going to add such "blocks" to support the table when it becomes a bed. But I am concerned the blocks might be annoying when sitting on the gaucho. Do you find that so? When our "children" were children we had a very nice tent trailer. The table rested on a cleat that ran along each gaucho seat.
Neil.
Hi Neil,

I never even notice them. The cushions overhang a little, so I have never even bumped them once.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:18 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Quote:
Could the mysterious plastic thingies be meant to be used like this?
Those are totally different than the ones we have . Ours are smallish, approx. 1"x .16" white plastic. Unfortunately, my husband took the trailer back to our storage unit so I can't photograph them right now. I'll try to post some photos later though.

re: dust
Dust, Rust and Lust never seem to rest! Learn to embrace it!

cheers! Karin

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 03-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Dust

Quote:
Those are totally different than the ones we have . Ours are smallish, approx. 1"x .16" white plastic. Unfortunately, my husband took the trailer back to our storage unit so I can't photograph them right now. I'll try to post some photos later though.

re: dust
Dust, Rust and Lust never seem to rest! Learn to embrace it!

cheers! Karin
Hi again,

I was afraid of that, but they are the only plastic I saw when I replaced the table top, other than the laminate on it. I will be buying one of those table hinges and a folding leg when I replace the seats and put the complete old dinette in my Trade Wind. There will be some delay, so even if I found out then it will probably do you no good.

And there is Steve Winwood’s “Dust” off “Arc of a Diver.” What a classic. I’ve been listening to it on iTunes while I replied.

Let us know if you find out what they are.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:00 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Quote:
Hi again,

And there is Steve Winwood’s “Dust” off “Arc of a Diver.” What a classic. I’ve been listening to it on iTunes while I replied.

L
Love Stevie...amazing lyricist and musician.
Attached Images

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 03-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
...and another thing!

Quote:

Vaughan,

Since we're slightly off-topic, have you ever heard Steve Winwood's version of Georgia On My Mind (1966!), with the Spencer Davis Group?

He was a mere 18 years old.
Check it out:
YouTube - Spencer Davis Group - Georgia on My Mind

Karin

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 03-30-2008, 05:02 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Hey, Neil,

We have the same plastic blocks as Vaughan on our dinette (except I think ours are white, so the dust is not as visible ), and they are never noticed unless we are sitting on the couch looking under the dinette. I have never had them get in the way while sitting on the dinette (as an adult, your legs go out from the seat too far to touch them, and as a kid, the cushion goes out beyond the dinette frame enough that they won't be felt and they are too high up to kick). They are merely little bumps to support the table when it is down.

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote