Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
Laminates for 2013 International Serenity

I'd like to do a small remodel on my 27FB International Serenity. It has the light glossy vertical laminate for the sides, and dark travertine looking laminate on the countertop, just like the photo's on the Airstream website. I've contacted the dealer and discovered the countertop laminate is no longer carried. They will sell me their close match laminate for $150 a sheet (plus shipping), same for the wall laminate.

I've researched and think the glossy light colored cabinet laminate is Wilsonart Asian Sand Linearity. I found that laminate at Home Depot special order ($76)and have a sample on order to confirm.

The dealer said the close match counter top is called "Travertino Notte". Is this familiar to anybody? Please let me know if you know who the supplier of this laminate is. Thanks.

I've Googled the name and it comes up blank. Here's a photo of the interior.

kscherzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
what do you have in mind and how much laminate do you need?
Old 04-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
I need a piece maybe 2' x 3', probably less. My project is to construct a cabinet to the rear of the trailer entry door in the dinette area. This will replace the giant piece of wedge shaped foam that's there now. The cabinet is much like the cabinet that comes with the Classic for the same model. It will be from floor to just below curtain height, maybe 30" high. I'll have someone redo the cushions to match. Interior storage in an Airstream is a premium and I think as designed this area wastes much of its potential.
kscherzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2004 31' Classic
lubbock , Texas
I replaced a piece of tabletop ( ours is an international signature) with some laminate that we matched at a local dealer (better service than BigBox) They matched it with some wilsonart that was around $85 for a 4x8 sheet.

If you get it from the AS dealer, there will be extra markup involved.
jump is offline   Reply With Quote