Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
International Ocean Breeze Acrylic Cabinet Slides

Not sure I'm describing this where it will make the most sense ... but you know how the International models have those "see through" acrylic cabinet slides (on the overhead cabinets)? In our International Ocean Breeze they have those bamboo sticks imbedded in the acrylic cabinet slides.

Does anyone else have a problem with those acrylic cabinet slides sliding open as you're traveling to your destination? All of our slides stay in place with the exception of the slides above the dinette table. So the forward accelleration and the braking motion during travel to our destination causes this particular set of slides to open. The temporary solution we have implemented is tying the two slides together with a wire tie. But there's surely a proper "fix" that we can implement for this issue.

Anyone have ideas or implemented a "fix" for the same or similar problem?
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Since they're acrylic, you can just drill a hole straight through both panels, and use a stainless steel pin inserted through to hold them in place. Alternately, you can install a friction lock in the tracks. I'll see if I can manage to take a photo of what I'm talking about, though it may take some time. I seem to be spending more time on the road than at the shop, lately.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Mill Valley , California
We had the same problem. Our simple solution was to cut wooden dowels that fit in the slide channel. We use two per compartment. Haven't had a problem since.
millvalleyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I have heard people using a wine cork in the finger holes to stop the sliding.