Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #21

1975 25' Tradewind
Huntington Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaFord
If you want a corner wet bath (like in my 22ft CCD) ...order a standard fiberglass one from Airstream. Tin Lizzie
Has anyone done this? The current rear corner wet bath would actually interfere with the larger rear windows on an older unit. I was thinking about doing this some time ago but couldn't think of a good solution for the window. I suppose you could just render your rear window inoperable.

I also wonder how much that wet bath would cost from Airstream...

-T
Torii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1970 29' Ambassador
1959 22' Flying Cloud
1957 26' Overlander
Ashland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to albert Send a message via Yahoo to albert
Yes I have all but finished the bath. It looks great, I have a little trim work to do which isnt going to be easy. I will get out there and take some pictures this week. it is packed away for the winter, up here in Tahoe it isnt the warmest enviro to work on the trailer in the winter. buti am itching to get going again this spring, laying bamboo floors, etc. Pictures to come...
albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:21 PM   #23

1974 31' Excella 500
Morristown , Tennessee
Stainless Steel

Has anyone used paint to simulate stainless steel? Or is this too tacky? I love the stainless look and want to do it right, but it appears there are a lot of obstacles.
leroystoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:02 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Having used JB Weld, I don't think you want anything that permanant. If is adhears properly, (clean surfaces are critical) you will need a torch if you ever need to remove it. If it doesen't, it will just fall off anyway. I made handmade kaleidoscopes for a few years and used contact adhesive to attache wood veneers to brass tubes. 3M Vinyl Trim Adhesive is available at car parts stores and comes in yellow and black. I used black because it was less visible at the butt joints of the veneer, but either would work for you. You can clean up or delaminate with lacquer thinner.
vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #25
Rivet Master

Stainless steel cleaning tip.

I have a stainless steel kitchen in my Argosy (sink, stove ,fridge, backspash )
I was at a friends house who had a stainless steel appliances in their kithen.
And they said that they clean their stainless with olive oil and leave a thin layer of oil on the surfaces. They say it cleans great and resists fingerprints. I haven't tried it yet though. I heard some of the
comercial products use silicon and Armorall type substaces. ( I don't want to be breathing chemicals.
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
Mcneon,I allready did that. Mounted as a back splash behind the range area.I used "liquid nails".It worked fine,just make sure the s/s is slightly bent,as the wall is curved.You may have to use a little caulking around the edge,just to make it blend in better.
wanderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote