If you have the galley with the round sink, introduced 2005 or 2006 (?), you may have unutilized storage space. I’m hoping some of you have made this space useable and can share brilliant tweaks. Please point me in the right direction if this topic has been discussed before—but I couldn’t find anything using search.
This is the galley I’m talking about.
If you pull the drawers out and stick your head in you can see the biggest space, which is behind the waste basket partition. This space, in my unit (2009 FC 25’ FB), could also be accessed from the magazine rack. It is about 21” wide and 23” deep, although only 9” deep where the wheel well sticks up.
Unexploited spaces are:
1) Behind the propane leak detector.
2) Below the existing deep shelf and behind the waste basket partition.
3) Behind the three drawers but in front of the aluminum skin.
4) Below and around the cut out for the waste basket.
5) Between the under-oven compartment and wheel well.
Anybody use these spaces? Anybody make modifications to their cabinet? And if you did, were you happy with the results?
Some more photos:
Drawers removed—empty space behind propane leak detector below bottom drawer.
Waste Basket Cut Out.
Sink shelf depth 34”—hard to reach the back of it as is.