Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Have you ever tried this paint/counter top?

RustOleum.com

Home depot sells this product. I really would like to change the color of my counter top.

Has anybody ever used this product or a product like it. I want it to stick and never come off.

Brian
Old 01-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Interesting... very interesting

However, Formica or other brands are not that expensive. Even if you're not a do-it-yourselfer, it's pretty easy to get the work done - especially since you can take your A/S to the shop, rather than having a tech come out to the house.

Any paint... will probably work best for a seldom used area. It's going to scratch or wear thin eventually.

Just my 3 cents

Paula
Old 01-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
I agree with Paula.

Laminates are not so expensive that they'd be cost-prohibitive, and I've seen your work so I know you could easily handle the task.

One other thing to consider, and I'm not certain about this product you linked which is specifically called a "countertop paint" but in general, there is no paint that is considered safe for areas that will be used for food prep. But, it could be that this paint is specifically formulated to be safe in that environment. It's something to check into though.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 24
Science Hill , Kentucky
just a thought

We went to Lowe's and had a custom counter top with Formica built for us and it only cost about 225.00....we simply too out the old one and on top of our new cabinets pretty much just dropped in place and put in some screws....and now we have a great looking new counter top!
Dotz(daschund) CB (daschund) Oh and 3 kids!!!
TAC# KY-3
mouth012006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouth012006 View Post
We went to Lowe's and had a custom counter top with Formica built for us and it only cost about 225.00....we simply too out the old one and on top of our new cabinets pretty much just dropped in place and put in some screws....and now we have a great looking new counter top!
I found out that our Lowe's outsources all of it's custom work to a grubby little shop in an industrial park. I'll go to that custom counter & woodworking shop myself when I want to have some work done. Probably save $50 and can take the A/S right to the shop to have them do the install.

Paula