Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-06-2005, 03:06 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1970 29' Ambassador
Montgomery , Alabama
Talking Free Parts -1970 Ambassador!!!

Free to a good home: Many interior parts for a 1970
Airstream Ambassador. I have recently gutted (or finished the job left for me by the PO) this trailer, and I have saved the parts for someone who needs them. Not all parts are still here and not all parts in great shape. Many of the latched, interior doors, tambour doors, plastic drawers, wall dividers, and many other parts are available. NO BATH OR FRONT COUCH PARTS ARE AVAILABLE! Also, please do not ask about windows or access doors or other parts that I am going to keep with the trailer. I am planning on doing an entire modern renovation of the trailer and have no need for any of the old parts, so I would like to make them available for others who need them.

So, here are the details:

1. Most of the interior woodwork is available and that is about all that is still left.

2. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PICK UP THE PARTS IN PERSON! I am sorry, but I do not have the time to go to the Post Office and ship out parts (much less time to package them up!)

3. All parts will be taken to the local dumpster around the first of December, so hurry!

4. Parts will be available on the first come, first serve basis. The parts cannot be "held," as the first one who comes and picks them up gets to keep them...

5. I am located in Montgomery, AL (please PM me if you need directions...)

6. The parts are free, but if you would like to add a donation to help us pay for the renovation of our Airstream, you are welcome to do so.

7. I am looking for an original wing window on the street "driver's" side of the trailer, if any one can lead me in the right direction or would like to trade (for instance maybe trade for the interior of a 1970 Ambassador???)

Thanks everyone for all you help on this forum! I am just trying to give a little back to those who have helped!!!

Thanks,

-John Foshee
foshejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Yelm , Washington
I am in a similar situation. I have a 74 Tradwind that is getting a new interior. All the dark walnut paneling is being replaced with modern melamine maple equivalent, all new appliances, mostly cosmetic stuff.

The Swiss refer. still works and could be restored or used for parts, the Magic Chief Range is good but its 32 years old. The front gaucho is being replaced with a dinette and the middle one is being rebuilt with melamine and white oak framing.

The walnut paneling and laminate and much of the tambor is good, perhaps for patching for someone with missing or damaged pieces. I am not keen on the shipping idea either but could be prompted I guess. I am near Olympia Washington (Seattle). Let me know if you have an interest. If not I will probably take it to Singleton's in Rochester and give it to him for a small trade.

-Jim Phillips
JimmyJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1970 29' Ambassador
Montgomery , Alabama
Reminder!!!

Just a reminder that all these parts will be going to the dumpster very soon. I have not had ANYONE tell me that they wanted any of these parts. I wish that someone would claim them, because I would hate to waste them. I am sorry, but I just do not have anywhere to store them...

Please let me know if you want any of these parts...

Thanks,

-John Foshee
foshejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1970 29' Ambassador
Columbus , Ohio
would so love to travel back in time to your state i need 1970 amassador parts
runningbear5 is offline   Reply With Quote