Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

folding table leg repair help.....

I’ve had my new 19’ CCD since last October and the screws securing the folding table leg to the table are already pulling out. The flimsy leg attached with four screws in to a MDF table top seems pretty weak. (To digress and vent, I’m disappointed with some of these little fit & finish annoyances on such a great looking trailer. It seems that the owners have more pride in their trailers than the manufacturer.) One repair idea is to add a larger, thin aluminum plate: attaching the plate to the table and then the old leg bracket to the plate. But I’m still left with the flimsy table leg. Anyone have another suggestion?
Chilao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Chilao--- I know exacty what you're talking about as our 04-16' CCD had the same flimsy leg. While the screws never pulled loose ours was bent a couple times when we accidently kicked it getting into the dinnet. You just have to be Very Carefull getting in and out. We don't have kids but am sure that would add to the worry of banging it . Another fix would be to glue a piece of thin paneling to the table bottom and screw the leg to it. That might require shortening the leg to relevel it. I had to shorten the leg on ours anyway as it was an inch to long from the factory. Our CCD had a TON of things like that that disipointed me. It took over a year of using and repairing these things before I was satisfied with it. Then--we traded for an 05 /25' classic. This trailer is almost letter perfect. The couple things it need were very minor. Oh Well!
Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
We have a 04 16' CCD and have the same issue. In fact when we bought it, the dealer was demostrating how the fold down the table and make a 2nd bed (luckily on another trailer) - and he literally pulled the leg out of the table bottom. We had been pretty careful with ours - since seeing what can happen.

But now our 120 lb dog likes to sleep under the table (I'm sure she's just frustrated at being stepped on in the middle of the night). So she is starting to push the leg over a little.

We have thought about the thin aluminum plate idea - but you still have the screws in the particle board (or whatever the table is made of) and the poorly designed leg.

Any ideas are most welcome.

The People from the Pod
pod people is offline   Reply With Quote