Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Watson , Louisiana
Excess parts available

Since I gutted my Airstream 31' Sovereign, I have a lot of parts I am not going to use. A number of tambor doors and pieces, tracks, "coils", drawer pans, bathroom fixtures, etc. available. They are free to anyone that wants them but you would have to pick them up from me near Baton Rouge, LA. I know some of the parts are hard to come by and would hate to just throw them out. If there are no takers, I will dump them. I did not post this on the classifieds as I am not asking any money for them. I am willing to ship the smaller parts for actual cost if needed. I will post pictures if needed.
Exsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
All the metal parts/extrusions etc. can be recycled to a scrap dealer for $ in your pocket. You might also try posting all that free stuff on Craigslist in your area. So what are your plans for the re-do?
tphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Exsys - I sent you a list of possible items thru eBay email yesterday.

Let me know what you can spare when you get a chance.

thanks...
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Bloomsbury , New Jersey
parts

I am looking for the plastic ends on the divide walls where they meet the ceiling. Pic attached , MPJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0037.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	150820  
moparjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Those colored anodized channels and extrusions, drawer bins and tambour are worth more to someone rehabbing a vintage rig than to the scrappers.
You might want to reconsider putting up a quick notice in the classifieds.

BTW. I am looking for some thin laminate wall edging.

Tom

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Watson , Louisiana
Parts and plans

tphan:
I would post on Craigslist but it is so limited regionally. I would prefer it was nationally especially for something like this.
My plans are here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f251...ign-87292.html

Ganglin:
Do you mean through the Airforums PMs? I don't have a message from you.

Moparjohn:
My model did not have any of those.

Tom Nugler:
I only saved a couple of wall divider panels to use as templates. I don't have any of the wall edging.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Exsys. My error. I'm corresponding with an individual who is also doing a full restoration on a Sovereign. They are located in Saint Amant, Louisiana.

If no one else wants the tambour doors - I need the bottom strip off as many as you can spare. I need the metal handles from them and, more importantly, the brown hour glass shaped caps on the ends. Are you tossing the original TV swivel mount - I won't need the shelf just the metal portion.
Also looking for another flip up shelf that was used for the counter extension. Sorry for the confusion over the email....
Old 02-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Watson , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganglin View Post
Exsys. My error. I'm corresponding with an individual who is also doing a full restoration on a Sovereign. They are located in Saint Amant, Louisiana.

If no one else wants the tambour doors - I need the bottom strip off as many as you can spare. I need the metal handles from them and, more importantly, the brown hour glass shaped caps on the ends. Are you tossing the original TV swivel mount - I won't need the shelf just the metal portion.
Also looking for another flip up shelf that was used for the counter extension. Sorry for the confusion over the email....
I would like to correspond to them as well. St. Amant is not too far from me. We could possibly swap ideas and encourage each other. I will have to look at the tambor I have to see what you are talking about. I don't recall metal handles. I don't know if there was a TV swivel mount but there is not one now. I do have the counter extension and it is on the only remaining cabinet in the AS. I don't think I am going to keep it but I am not sure at this point. If I do decide to part with it I will let you know.

Todd
Old 02-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exsys View Post
I would like to correspond to them as well. St. Amant is not too far from me. We could possibly swap ideas and encourage each other. I will have to look at the tambor I have to see what you are talking about. I don't recall metal handles. I don't know if there was a TV swivel mount but there is not one now. I do have the counter extension and it is on the only remaining cabinet in the AS. I don't think I am going to keep it but I am not sure at this point. If I do decide to part with it I will let you know.

Todd
Todd - I'll send a note to the guy in St. Amant and invite him to AirForums again. The TV shelf would have been attached to the bunk area wall. Sounds like it was removed by the PO as you would have noticed it - too bad. All of your tambour has a metal bar (handle) running the length of the bottom to open and close it with - that's the part I was referencing. The ends are finished with brown plastic caps.

If you've kept the galley cabinet - I'd hang on to the flip up shelf. You'll likely find it will come in handy. If nothing else the brackets can be used to mount another material more your choosing.

Thanks,
Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 20
Brookfield , Illinois
Did someone say tambor?

I am thrilled to hear about some extra tambor doors laying about.

I'm so new to working on this Airstream that I don't know which years or models are interchangeable for these parts.

I need several tambor doors among several other things, but those are the most blatant at this moment.

I have a '73 Tradewind.

I'd love to learn what you're looking to get for them.

Thank you!

-Alana
Old 02-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Newcastle , Oklahoma
I am looking for a water filler (metal) that is on the exterior, fills the fresh water tank. You can email me at
Thanks
Barkingdogg
johnford@pldi.net
Barkingdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdogg View Post
I am looking for a water filler (metal) that is on the exterior, fills the fresh water tank. You can email me at
Thanks
Barkingdogg
johnford@pldi.net
Which style are you looking for - here's a couple sources:

Fresh Water Plumbing

VintageCampers.com :: Vintage Campers, Vintage Trailers, Vintage Parts, Vintage Restorations
Old 02-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Watson , Louisiana
Mine is plastic and not part of the gutting process but should be. I may remove it if I convert my fresh water tank to a grey water tank.