Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Wabash , Indiana
Do you have a name for this?

I found this photo on a craigslist ad for a 1975 airstream land yacht. We currently have the front goucho and a credenza where this sofa is. We were interested in this type of set up for when we redo the interior of our 31' Sovereign 1979. Does anyone have a name for this set up or know where we can find one for sale? The trailer I found it in is in good condition so I doubt they would be willing to part it out.
CampUnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 31' Excella 500
Charleston , South Carolina
I googled it. What I came up with is "L shaped couch" or "L shaped sofa"
Old 01-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Wabash , Indiana
Thank you. I wasn't sure since a couch / sofa is called a goucho. Just wanted more input!! Would still be interested in finding one!
~Crystal
Old 01-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 31' Excella 500
Charleston , South Carolina
It might be easier to build one yourself or have someone build it for you, especially if you don't need it to fold out into a bed. If that is the case it is basically a box with cushions on it.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Measure up the space you have and then see if one of the standard mid-twin or double beds would fit. You see those come up in the classified section when people gut their trailers.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Wabash , Indiana
We will probably end up makin one when the time comes. The plan for the next 3 months is to turn the bedroom from the full thats there into a room thats one big matress (rear). Then in the LR that sofa was exactly what I want but we would re-upholster it in a red metallic vinyl to go with a 50's diner style. I want to have extra places to sleep/sit for when family n friends visit on our trips n still maintain storage underneath. If I find one I might consider covering the wood laminate with a metal look laminate.

Tags
interior, sofa, upholster, gaucho