Old 08-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
1989 34' Limited
long beach , Mississippi
We stopped this evening at Home Depot , which sells Wilson art laminate . Got
Some samples and will gave a look hot it fits . They say 4x 8 sheet is about 120.- seems not to bad :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Resurrecting one Airstream at the time..
maybe one day i save them all
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:27 AM   #16
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Marietta , Georgia
There are sources that will sell solid-surface materials and tools to DIYers. But only if you’re talking about the acrylic material (like Wilsonart, Avonite and Meganite), rather than “engineered stone” (quartz/resin) products like Cambria and Silestone. Engineered stone materials are only available through authorized dealers and are custom made for each job. DIYers can buy solid-surface materials at wholesale prices from solidsurface.com. It sells surplus and discontinued sheets from several major manufacturers so colors are limited to on-hand.

Full-sheet sizes vary but are usually 30 in. x 144 in. x 1/2 in. (partial sheets are typically half that size). The square-foot prices vary by pattern and manufacturer, ranging from $10 to $20 per sf plus shipping ($150 to $300, depending on your location); clearance priced pieces run ~$7 sf. The total is about one-third of what you’d pay an authorized dealer if they would even sell to you. Solidsurface.com also carries the special adhesives you’ll need for the joinery. You’ll have to spend about $250 for special tools and materials.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:36 PM   #17
Silver Lining USA

1968 26' Overlander
Kennewick , Washington
We used American Walnut butcher block in kitchen (that could be western style???) and bamboo in the bathroom (waterproof, but still retained the "wood" look). I also love Corian...just was too much of a pain dealing with Corian installers and getting templates to the factory. Photos of our A/S counters are below. Good luck with the renovation!!!

Old 08-25-2015, 10:02 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
1989 34' Limited
long beach , Mississippi
That counter sure looks nice . Thank you for posting it. It would be Alan alternative to using laminate though .. I already steered away from corian. and was looking at Wilson art laminate choices .

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Resurrecting one Airstream at the time..
maybe one day i save them all
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:13 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Greenwich , New York
Here's the real linoleum that we're using in our trailer. We have it in our home's kitchen on the floor and as a counter top. Love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03176.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	248847   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03175.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	248848  

Old 09-24-2015, 04:37 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Camas , Washington
here is a picture of our marmoleum countertop, I had to take Pam to a Starbucks to show her how well it held up on their counters, We love it. We were able to get remnant in Portland. I like the Idea of putting it on the table top, I may just do that with the remain piece I have left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	marmoleum.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	248849  
Old 10-27-2015, 12:08 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ponce Inlet , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia_Berg View Post
We used American Walnut butcher block in kitchen (that could be western style???) and bamboo in the bathroom (waterproof, but still retained the "wood" look). I also love Corian...just was too much of a pain dealing with Corian installers and getting templates to the factory. Photos of our A/S counters are below. Good luck with the renovation!!!
Love the butcher block! Where did you get it? Did you do the installation? How easy was it to cut the sink cut out? Thanks.