Old 11-08-2005, 04:19 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Was reviewing a thread about refinishing counters

Originally Posted by Sneakinup
I pulled the old laminate off of my countertop, repaired the few cracked and split areas towards the back, and put new laminate on it. The laminate came right off without a problem, and of course the countertop fit back in perfectly, as did the sink and stove. It is worth the try to see if it will come off before building a new one. JMO
Just wanted to say how much I like the look of your kitchen. The clean white looks fab and very up to date, yet it has the best features of the older units too. I'm on the track of a '71 overlander right now. Hope you wouldn't mind if I borrowed SOME of your ideas.

Tin Lizzie

Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member
1962 19' Globetrotter
Santa Monica , California
edge band

Is the wood edging dimensional wood or just edge banding which is a thin wood veneer?
If it's edge banding and the existing laminate is in good condition, I'd just go over the top with your new laminate and pick up a wider roll of edge band from a plywood supplier.

Maya is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off