Old 03-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2005 30' Classic
... , ...
... And you want to make sure the screws are installed at an angle more parallel to the frame of the trailer and less perpendicular to the wall/skin where the screw is being installed.

If you still have issues with the cabinets not staying put , you definately will want to do a full analysis of your wheel balance/alignment and weight distribution with your TV.

GetOutDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
Rancho Murieta , California
I'm a bit concerned. We have a 2007 27 FB. My bathroom vanity and sidewalls are pulling away from the structure along with the pantry. The service tech at AS said the "L" brackets are the problem and need to be re-secured. He acted like this is commonplace. Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?

Ronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
There are folks on the forums who feel this could be a sign of vibration from bad axles or out of balance running gear. How many miles have you put on the trailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Not all those who wonder are lost.
Silverflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:40 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member
2004 16' International CCD
Chicagoland , Illinois
Ugh - I feel your pain. I just had an overhead cabinet come completely down. I don't know if this will help you or not, but following is a link to the thread where I asked for help. I hope you'll find something there to help remedy your problem.

Good luck!
Airrogant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #19
Rivet Master
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Our cabinets are still in place, but now I can worry about that too. Over the years there have been other reports of cabinets falling down, but after 50,000 miles ours seem to be ok. I've often thought our trailer was built on a Friday afternoon, but they don't work on Friday afternoon and the cabinets may have been installed on Thursday.

Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
I spoke to Bay Area Airstream and they say this is a common occurrence here n California with our Crappy Roads! I did have an issue with incorrect drums leading to improper tire wear. That will be a conversation with the service rep.

I have STRONGLY considered climbing in the rig and having my wife drive on a STRAIGHT SMOOTH road and video tape the action in the rig. (Or my demise!)

I have found several "L" brackets that have come loose. We'll see how things go. My instruction will be to REINFORCE the attachment to the wall with additional "L" brackets.

I'll keep you posted.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #21
Rivet Master
1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I don't know what type of attachments you have holding up your cabinets, but my 1973 and 1960 have 1/8" rivets holding mine up. Things I have in my compartment for my trailers is a battery operated 20 Volt drill with 1/8" drill bits, A cheap rivet gun, for problems like cabinets coming down. I also have a piece of aluminum, rivets, and Sickaflex caulk in my compartment for exterior emergencies.

Last summer a woman slammed on her brakes in front of me on a highway which caused me to hit mine. My trailer jacked knifed a bit and I hit a construction plastic barrel which ripped off my water door. I bought a marine fill valve and cap and used my piece of aluminum and put it all together again while I was camping. I also will check inside for loose rivets, drill them out and put new ones in.
Brian & Adrienne
Lothlorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
No rivets on the 2007. They have "L" brackets that are screwed to the aluminum framework. Once I knew what I was looking for, I found the brackets in question. Crap roads x mileage x marginal application = loose vanity and pantry. No big deal...just put it back better and stronger!

Thanks, Brian!