Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-18-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Sebastopol , California
Cabinet latches for 1984 Excella 31'

Is it possible to buy replacement cabinet latches for my trailer? Some are broken and don't stay closed anymore.

Thanks,
Ben
Aluminumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
Retired Now

1984 31' International
Chattanoooga , Tennessee
Cabinet door latches

Don't know if yours are like mine or not. My '84 International has the push to open and push to close type latch. One part is plastic and breaks frequently if someone does not know how to open the doors.

I am looking for some myself. A few years ago we could get them from Charlie Burke in Idaho. But since he has retired [?] I've not been able to find them. I'm thinking of trying to have some of the plastic parts fabricated. The spring loaded parts are still fine.

I had a new A/C and a new antenna installed at Camping World and the technician broke the latches on 6 doors trying to pull them open instead of pushing them to open in an attempt to find the 12-volt fuse panel. Finally he called and we told him where it was. He did not say anything about the latches. We discovered them only after we had left on our trip the next day. Oh, well.

Tennessee Sawdust
Tnsawdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:57 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminumb
Is it possible to buy replacement cabinet latches for my trailer? Some are broken and don't stay closed anymore.

Thanks,
Ben
photos, please. I have a pile of latches out of a 77' Safari and 75' Sovereign. they might be the same.

Zep
Old 11-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Inland RV has ones for 75-83 http://www.inlandrv.com/parts/18739-cabinetlatch.jpg. I don’t remember what the ones in my brother’s 84 look like. Are yours like this?