Old 03-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Sparks , Nevada
I used the tough-as-tile product.. brush on ... sold at Lowes. It turned out alright - but did it when the temp was too low and it did affect the leveling and I have brush marks. I understand that folks here used a foam roller and had very good results. I plan to sand mine and apply one final coat with foam roller.

I understand that the paint on product (not their spary on) is tintable.

funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
1973 Argosy 26
1966 30' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Western Slope , Colorado
Has anyone tried the Rust-Oleum tub/shower refinishing kits? They run about $25, so it would seem to be a relatively inexpensive solution.

All that is gold does not always glitter...those who wander not always are lost....
mnmhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #17
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Originally Posted by mnmhays View Post
Has anyone tried the Rust-Oleum tub/shower refinishing kits? They run about $25, so it would seem to be a relatively inexpensive solution.
I did the Rustoleum kit on a home bathtub. I did all the prep they asked for, but couldn't get an acceptable finish, way too many brush strokes showing.

Maybe you're better at it and can get a smooth finish with a brush, but I would recommend using a sprayer to put that stuff.

[edit] I found the paint was tough as bullets once it was on, can't say that it wasn't good paint.
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
1973 Argosy 26
South East , Arkansas
Hello, was wondering about doing the tub in our '74 Argosy with a roll on white truck bed liner?? It would go on tough, water proof & slip resistant?? Any thoughts appreciated?

Addicted2Tin is offline   Reply With Quote