Old 12-24-2004, 01:19 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
LaFuma or Prime?

I found the following information about the LaFuma chairs at my favorite internet RV supply house - right in my neck of the woods. At least I think these are LaFuma. I found them by searching the product index for LaFuma. The detail says they are made by Prime. Does anyone know if they are one and the same or a knock off? Also is this a good price?

https://www.rvpartsoutlet.com/newsto...3D5&cat=chairs

Malcolm

Old 12-24-2004, 01:41 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
LaFuma is made by Leisure

Here is the link.
http://www.hacksack-leisure.com/

They also make hackasacks like travasak sleeping systems.

Your link is is a great price. The LaFumas are expensive. The first one we received from a dealer when we bought the Jayco 1406 and we dug deep to get the second.

I prefer the blue one and price at your link. Would look mighty fine with the Classic awning!!!! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malconium
I found the following information about the LaFuma chairs at my favorite internet RV supply house - right in my neck of the woods. At least I think these are LaFuma. I found them by searching the product index for LaFuma. The detail says they are made by Prime. Does anyone know if they are one and the same or a knock off? Also is this a good price?

Malcolm

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:55 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
It has to fit the space

There have been a lot of nice chairs mentioned in the above posts, but wheel interested was interested in a chair for the interior of her Classic 25. Most of these chairs will not fit the limited space in the lounge of this trailer. I have one just like it.

In order to watch TV, the only place for the chair is in the corner by the writing table, sitting diagonally. What is needed is a chair with a footprint no larger than the seat. If it swivels and rolls, as my chair does, it is a definite plus. A chair with splayed out legs at each corner will not fit the available space well and lounge-type chairs are way too large.

I looked for months, and the only chairs that, IMHO, really work in this limited space is a small, swivel office chair. There are plenty of upholstry treatments available and the cost is right; my leather chair was listed at $80 and I paid $45 on clearance.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 03:06 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
yup, wheel tight quarters there

John thanks for a viable solution. We have an Office Depot right down the road. I like the swivel and adjustable back idea along with the casters for easy moving, not to mention how comfortable it would be. Your securing when traveling method sounds easy and out of the way. Now to find just the one...not that one it's too hard, and not that one it's too soft, ahhh this one is just right. Did you hear a growl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
There have been a lot of nice chairs mentioned in the above posts, but wheel interested was interested in a chair for the interior of her Classic 25. Most of these chairs will not fit the limited space in the lounge of this trailer. I have one just like it.

In order to watch TV, the only place for the chair is in the corner by the writing table, sitting diagonally. What is needed is a chair with a footprint no larger than the seat. If it swivels and rolls, as my chair does, it is a definite plus. A chair with splayed out legs at each corner will not fit the available space well and lounge-type chairs are way too large.

I looked for months, and the only chairs that, IMHO, really work in this limited space is a small, swivel office chair. There are plenty of upholstry treatments available and the cost is right; my leather chair was listed at $80 and I paid $45 on clearance.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 03:28 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
The right one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Now to find just the one...not that one it's too hard, and not that one it's too soft, ahhh this one is just right. Did you hear a growl?
I sat in a lot of chairs before I bought the one I have. It is fairly firm, but it gives great lumbar support after a day of driving. Being leather, it doesn't collect cat hair. The burgandy color looks nice with the couch and carpet.

The only problem I have found with it is that the rod that controls tilt gets bumped on the couch when I swivel and locks the back when I don't want it locked. When I get time, I'll shorten the rod a bit and get rid of the problem.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Some photos

Finally got out to the trailer today with camera in hand. Here is my chair in use and travel positions. It really fits well into the available corner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chair.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	9952   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stowed.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	9953  

WBCCI #9632
Old 01-01-2005, 08:19 PM   #21
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by malconium

Malcolm
I know this chair is an outside chair and the OP is looking for an inside chair, but I just wanted to say that you really have to shop around. Frontgate has a zero gravity chair that looks just about like the one on the link above and it is $179. I'm sure it is probably a different manufacturerer, but for $90, I don't know if it is that much better made.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:54 PM   #22
Rivet Master

The Prime chair is not, of course, by Lafuma. The $179 price quoted above is typical for Lafuma recliners, but there are other brands sold in that price range as well.

Careful shopping will sometimes turn up Lafuma recliners in the $130 range.

The cheaper knockoffs I have seen have really been cheaper in construction. That is not to say someone somewhere has made a good one at a better price. But meanwhile, the Lafuma recliner I have is sure nice.

Mark
Old 01-02-2005, 04:10 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
I have a small lazy-boy recliner. It fits quite well and is extremely comfortable.

Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote