Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
1961 22' Safari
2003 25' Safari
newnan , Georgia
Rivet 1970 sovereign twin, bathroom center, wardrobe question

Hi
I am hoping someone can help.I have a 1970 sovereign twin, bathroom center, AS. We just stripped the back bunk area down this afternoon to the floor. We found zero leaks and the sub-floor seems to be solid with no sign of rot whatsoever. My question is about the wardrobe. We do not plan to do any modification of the wardrobe structure itself, we do however want to paint it or something. That 70's faux paneling/wood whatever is ugggllly imho. Does this structure need to me removed to do this. All the electrical, water heater etc (geririgged I might add) are in the back bunk area as far as we can tell. Can someone give me any insight into this matter? The wardrobe seems to be so well made and we are new at this so we just want to be able to put it back together is needed. What are the advantages if any of taking it out? Any kind suggestions would be appreciated. In return if you are sick and come to my hospital. I promise to take great care of you!
Thanks so much!
Teena
nurse222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:28 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Columbia , South Carolina
Be careful what you remove... in can be a slippery slope that ends in a gutted trailer. If all that you want to do is paint the cabinet, I would carefully tape it off and paint it in place. It only took me a couple of days to remove everything from my trailer; it's been ten months replacing it.
Arrowstream is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1970, center bathroom, sovereign, twin