So it is now a shell off!
I removed the floor and realized I was 90% of the way to taking off the shell.
So I built bracing with scrap wood I had laying around. I attached 2x2s vertically to the main ribs with machine screws and then attached 2x lumber as the main horizontal brace to the 2x2s with 3" deck screws in pre drilled holes, I then made the two main perpendicular braces perpendicular to that. These were attached using steel angles and plywood gussets to keep things square. I put another one of these in the middle and then added X braces with some 1x2s and some plywood.
I dug some holes with a post hole digger on each side just behind the wheels and then one in front of the door. I placed 3 vertical posts in some concrete at a depth of at least 2 feet and piled rocks in the top of the holes and packed it down with a 4x4. On the left front, I didn't want to dig up my brick path so I built one saw horse out of landscape timber and piled big rocks on it to holed things down. I made sure all the posts were plumb and secure.
I drilled out the rivets that attach the front skin to the big metal piece attached to the frame and everything released nicely after a few curses and a deep breath. I added a few emergency webbing straps to prevent any big movements. I attached a 2x2 to the front cross beam and positioned a bottle jack between the frame and the 2x2. I thn started jacking the shell off the frame. Of course there was an elevator bolt that I had forgotten which I had to saw out with a hack saw since I had put all my bracings in front of it. The shell started rising in the front. As I lifted it up, I kept a level on the main cross which was set parallel to the frame. Both sides rose together. I was shooting for 28" off the ground since the wheels are about 27" tall. once I got the shell 4" above the frame, I slid a long 2x4 under the shell and attached it tot the cross member.
To keep things safe, I kept screwing in vertical boards to the main cross at each new elevation so if I screwed up it wouldn't fall more than the last stopping point which was never more than 2". I also added straps to attach the long 2x4 to the main posts so that the whole thing couldn't slide down the hill. The frame and the shell were still attached with c clamps at the extreme rear of the trailer.
At this point, I had to take a break so I screwed some extra bracing to the the front cross member, tightened all the straps down and allowed myself to relax a bit. I think I might lift the front a bit more but I'm going to jack up the back end first tomorrow so it is not all resting on the back part of the shell. As I thought about it, I should have done them both more together, but I Think everything still looks OK.