Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Caravanner > 1975 - 1978 Caravanner
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2007, 06:51 AM   #21
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
ticki2 you made me go looking...no floor plans here either I have several manuals mostly from the mid 70's and not a one of them shows the Caravaner. It has always been a favorite of mine too. I did manage to find you a better scan from a 1978 brochure though...

Aaron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Carvaner Page.pdf (121.1 KB, 231 views)
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:27 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

1976 25' Caravanner
kingston , Washington
Have to ask

I have a 75 Caravanner and love it. Been in the family since new. the difference between mine and the one pictured in the Vintage archives is that mine has a door that opens on the right side. Not the "suicide door" of others. Mine also has a storage dinette along the curb side in place of the gaucho.

Jim K
jim kolhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:29 AM   #23
1 Rivet Member

1976 25' Caravanner
kingston , Washington
Have to ask

Goofed on that one. Its actually a 76.

Jim K
jim kolhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janssvt
The 70s Caravaners were also called the "Party" model. You could get ots of people in it to party!
Good to know! Happy Hour at Ticki2's!!!!

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
re: my link above to bigshinything's gallery -- it seems to have been emptied. Take a look at his old http://www.airforums.com/forum...nner-8904.html thread for some interior pics. The only thing approaching that nice a gathering place are the new 25' & 27' FB models! I was so impressed by the polish that I saved the following photo from his old photo gallery:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bigshinything's '76 Caravanner 24'.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	32594  
CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim kolhoff
I have a 75 Caravanner and love it. Been in the family since new. the difference between mine and the one pictured in the Vintage archives is that mine has a door that opens on the right side. Not the "suicide door" of others. Mine also has a storage dinette along the curb side in place of the gaucho.

Jim K

Mine has the non-suicide door also , I haven't seen another like it , glad I'm not alone
ticki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:02 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
Good to know! Happy Hour at Ticki2's!!!!
It won't be the first one!

Sorry we missed the party , snow plowing got in the way , bet you all had a ball .
Old 02-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
here's a couple of pics of mine , all original except for curtains , wife did a great job .It even has the same crack in the vanity as Bigshinything.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NS 2006 001.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	32611   Click image for larger version

Name:	NS 2006 008.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	32612  

Name:	NS 2006 029.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	32613  
Old 02-19-2007, 07:15 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I love the Caravanner, Ticki and thanks Canoe stream for posting bigshinything's pictures. What great looking units!!! So these are more rare than the other lines? I like it alot.

Ticki your upholstery is original? What is the lounge like? Is it two sets of cushions sewn together with a fabric flap or is it like the flexsteel couches? It is very striking. You know, with the dinette down the 27 FB (and 25s as Canoe stream mentioned) resembles the lounge area of the Caravanner only reversed. I like the Caravanner lounge better than my cushions that chase all over the place.

Nice looking vintage. That would be the vintage for us.

Oh and gorgeous seascape and sky picture Ticki. That must have been a favorite spot.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:09 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticki2
here's a couple of pics of mine , all original except for curtains , wife did a great job .It even has the same crack in the vanity as Bigshinything.
Sweet looking rig !
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:40 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I love the Caravanner, Ticki and thanks Canoe stream for posting bigshinything's pictures. What great looking units!!! So these are more rare than the other lines? I like it alot.

Ticki your upholstery is original? What is the lounge like? Is it two sets of cushions sewn together with a fabric flap or is it like the flexsteel couches? It is very striking. You know, with the dinette down the 27 FB (and 25s as Canoe stream mentioned) resembles the lounge area of the Caravanner only reversed. I like the Caravanner lounge better than my cushions that chase all over the place.

Nice looking vintage. That would be the vintage for us.

Oh and gorgeous seascape and sky picture Ticki. That must have been a favorite spot.

Thanks for the compliments. Yes the upholstery is original , just a spot or two with a blemish . eventually it will dry rot . I'm always on the lookout for the same material for when it needs to be done. The cushion and back are all one piece and are permenatly attached to the plywood base. The carpet is original also , though a bit ugly , the sun has turned it a greenish tint , originally tan.
The scene is actually a lakescape . Lake Ansley , the largest fresh water lake on Cape Brenton NS , and yes it is one of our favorite places , hoping to get back again this year.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by balrgn
Sweet looking rig !
You know Andre , sooner or later we are going to tour each others rigs . I'm sure you're going to WOW me with yours.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:29 PM   #33
1 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
1999 25' Safari
Truckee , California
1976 25' Caravanner for parts or ??

I have a 1976 25' Caravanner that I bought to remodel. I parked it next to my shop for the winter. We had unusually heavy snows last winter and the weight of the snow caved the roof in. I have given up on remodeling and would like to get rid of it before the snows start this winter. I live in the Lake Tahoe, CA area. If anyone is interested in attempting to restore it or just use it for parts, you can have it for next to nothing. I hate to see all those vintage Airstream bits and pieces go to a crusher, but I need to move it in the next month or so. It should tow just fine, has brand new tires (which I would kinda like to save for my 1999 Safari if that can be worked out somehow). Anyone out there that could make use of something like this?
GGreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1976 caravanner