Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2006 - 2010 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #41
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshawks00 View Post
Funny you say that about Airstream pippin' to make money!
I called today to get some info about the up coming Alumapalooza in June. I have a /vintage As not road worthy yet. I also have two friends that are stoked about wanting Airstreams . One is a well to do retiree ($$$) the other, I am sure, is capable of buying what he wants.
Anyway so I call AS to see about bringing them down to whole AS Alumapalooza camaraderie experience.
For $70.00 a head we can buy a 3 day pass. Sorry we only live 50 miles from JC and we are not interested in staying for 3 days , just a one day several hour intro trip into Airstreamin' -----NOPE, no can do , it's 3 day pass or nothing... Seriously? For $70.00 they are willing to pass up an opportunity to show prespective buyers how great Airstreams are and how willing the Company is about showing genuine concern and support of their product, and more importantly their customers.. I mean what, do you really think we could eat $70.00 of popcorn in a couple of hours? I'm betting they don't do popcorn either-- to hard on their bottom line. That's just BS
Your wrath is misdirected. Airstream, Inc. does not run Alumapalooza, it's just located in their back 40. Airstream Life--the magazine--does.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #42
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Your wrath is misdirected. Airstream, Inc. does not run Alumapalooza, it's just located in their back 40. Airstream Life--the magazine--does.
??...one day...at the Jackson Community Days, why not just tow the 50mi, park the AS, and spend the day, tour the factory and talk to folks

Call the C of C and see if thats possible.

Bob
Old 03-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Saline , Michigan
Bob the point is there are four ( the wife and I and two friends) of us wanting to go. We do not want to stay...We do not want to spend the night... heck we don't even want to eat their food. Two are very interested in learning about airstreams and are very interested in buying new vehicles. Do you think it is reasonable to expect them to pay $70.00 per head to do so?
Airstream life may be "sponsoring" this event, but it must have been approved by Airstream Corporate to be taking place. I've done the airstream tour, I have an airstream, I am just trying to show a couple of out of state guys how cool it is, and how much fun it could be... but be damned if I'll pay $280.00 for a 4-6 hour walk about.
goshawks00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #44
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Quote:
Bob the point is there are four ( the wife and I and two friends) of us wanting to go. We do not want to stay...We do not want to spend the night... heck we don't even want to eat their food. Two are very interested in learning about airstreams and are very interested in buying new vehicles. Do you think it is reasonable to expect them to pay $70.00 per head to do so?
Airstream life may be "sponsoring" this event, but it must have been approved by Airstream Corporate to be taking place. I've done the airstream tour, I have an airstream, I am just trying to show a couple of out of state guys how cool it is, and how much fun it could be... but be damned if I'll pay $280.00 for a 4-6 hour walk about.

You can come any other time and tour for FREE,!

I have done it twice last week.....

Just change your visit date. Problem solved...if your looking at meeting other streamers and seeing their coaches and opinions...well you gotta pay to play.

AIRSTREAM,,, should still not take the brunt of your frustration,IMO.

IT'S FREE.. For your walk about. Options are available for you.

Shane

Tow Vehicle" 2023 F250 Azure Gray!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Saline , Michigan
Shane being so close to JC I've have already did the tour, several times. Our friends are coming in for our 45th class reunion. They will be here from Friday to Sunday. There will be no other time for them.

Isn't it funny how there are rallies all over the country and great airstream folks that are willing to bend over backwards to show those with a kindred spirit, what airstreaming is all about. They take pride in doing so, and are willing to go out of their way to help. Look at this forum this is a perfect example of what I am talking about

Then there is the Alumapalooza crowd ( not you all but those that are running the show) that think if you don't want to spend money then we aren't interested in you... what a black eye they are.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #46
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

Arlington , Texas
I believe your views are misconstrued.

Sorry your friends visit schedule doesn't work for them...maybe another time perhaps.

Capitalism is great.

Again, you don't have to pay....just can't play.....no malice intended I'm my post.

Take them to a local dealer...might be another solution.

Shane

TAC ID TX-1432
Old 03-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Give airstream a call, tell them your situation, maybe they can get you free passes.
r carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #48
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I'm sympathetic to "the new owner's syndrome." I actually read through all the stuff in the briefcase, and most of the answers are in there....but for sure not everything. ANYONE who can decipher the complexity of the Sony "does everything" receiver must have an EE degree. If you compare the owner's manual for an Airstream that retails for $80K, it doesn't come close to the manual you'd receive for a comparable luxury vehicle. Clearly, they don't have a "technical writer" who provides current updates for every permutation of every module. They should. One integrated source that has a section on each "SYSTEM" along with the FAQ's. I think the "Newbies Guide" was very helpful, for me...not enough specifics. The best friend I've found has been these Forums. Awesome advice, and great people. I'll be paying it forward!
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #49
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

Arlington , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by r carl View Post
Give airstream a call, tell them your situation, maybe they can get you free passes.

Why? Again, technically Airstream is just offering the property,...not responsible for any fees.... no power by Airstream,Inc...from what I understand.

There is a reason for the fee...I enjoy magazine articles and I also pay for my subscription. But hey alot of people are paying.....without a complaint...it's booked!

Everyone should call now who's Personal schedule is not convient for them......y'all want the number?....I'm kidding.

Again, IMO.

Shane

TAC ID TX-1432
Old 03-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #50
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

Arlington , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
I'm sympathetic to "the new owner's syndrome." I actually read through all the stuff in the briefcase, and most of the answers are in there....but for sure not everything. ANYONE who can decipher the complexity of the Sony "does everything" receiver must have an EE degree. If you compare the owner's manual for an Airstream that retails for $80K, it doesn't come close to the manual you'd receive for a comparable luxury vehicle. Clearly, they don't have a "technical writer" who provides current updates for every permutation of every module. They should. One integrated source that has a section on each "SYSTEM" along with the FAQ's. I think the "Newbies Guide" was very helpful, for me...not enough specifics. The best friend I've found has been these Forums. Awesome advice, and great people. I'll be paying it forward!
Seriously,..I sure wish I had this new book "Newbies Guide to Airstreams,..First Edition" 2 years ago.......helped a lot. I just lived and learned.....my original post was out of frustration,....and with time you learn. You don't have a choice....lol

Either way.....get the book or learn on the go...It's a win win.

Shane

TAC ID TX-1432
Old 03-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #51
3 Rivet Member

2004 31' Classic
Rock Hill , South Carolina
We're headed to Alumapalooza, our 1st time. We've owned our used 2004 Classic 31 for 4 years, attended our first Buddy Rally in SEPT 2011. It was like a homecoming, of sorts.

Frankly, $70 for one day or 3 days is great, if you want to feel, smell and live Airstream. There's so much going on in those 3 days and since the schedule is not out yet, how would you know what day to attend? If you want to just look at Airstreams, go to a dealer or on the Airstream tour. This is geared to owners, we think, not shoppers IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1177.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	390.7 KB
ID:	152449  
rastapoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Saline , Michigan
There is a reason for the fee...I enjoy magazine articles and I also pay for my subscription. But hey alot of people are paying.....without a complaint...it's booked!

Thanks Shane, now I know why I'll never subscribe to their rag. It's all 'bout the money eh!?!

IMO
Old 03-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #53
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

Arlington , Texas
Quote:

Thanks Shane, now I know why I'll never subscribe to their rag. It's all 'bout the money eh!?!

IMO
I'm confused,...you do know the magazine is separate from the company...right?

On another note,,..the magazine is very entertaining and informative,..to me it is all Airstream.

I don't understand the "rag" comment.

Or the sarcasm, I was just letting you know these are just me views...not everyone else's.

It appears to me you have a Chip on your shoulder that I cannot help you with.

Happy streaming.

Shane

TAC ID TX-1432
Old 03-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPILL View Post
Why? Again, technically Airstream is just offering the property,...not responsible for any fees.... no power by Airstream,Inc...from what I understand.

Shane
Ooops, I missed he called airstream already.
r carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #55
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:

gos,

If it were me...

I would drive down to the Community Days, get sump'n to eat and wander over to where the 'palooza folks are, act like you belong there and see what happens....50mi, worth'a try.

It's a holding hands relationship.... AS Life need Airstream but Airstream, not so much.

Bob
Old 03-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #56
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
gos,

If it were me...

I would drive down to the Community Days, get sump'n to eat and wander over to where the 'palooza folks are, act like you belong there and see what happens....50mi, worth'a try.

It's a holding hands relationship.... AS Life need Airstream but Airstream, not so much.

Bob
Worked for me on a Vintage Rally in a similar fashion. 180-mile roundtrip from house and hit "open house" a bit early and stayed a bit late.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #57
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Fremont , California
Airstream is a jewel compared to my last RV purchase.

I bought a brand spanking new Roadtrek in 2010. Roadtrek is touted as the high end of class "B" motorhomes.

I took delivery and was handed a large cardboard box filled to the top with loose paperwork. All the appliance manuals just tossed in with no organization. When they built the motorhome they must have put a box on the assembly line and whenever someone installed something they just tossed in the packing material. There were installation instructions for things like voltage converters etc.

When I bought my Airstream I was OVERJOYED to get a binder with a highly organized group of manuals.

Talking to owners of million dollar class "A" motorhomes I hear the similar complaints as yours.

About all I can tell you is go to each manufacturers web site, download the .pdf manual and put them on an iPad. That's what we did and it was a job to travel with the tablet rather than a huge amount of paperwork.

https://polakoff.com/RamblinRose/
Our travel log
xo1rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #58
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

Arlington , Texas
Well thought I would bring the post back to life. Anything changed? I'm streaming now, at buffalo gap state park in Texas.

Stream safe.

Shane

TAC ID TX-1432
Old 11-27-2016, 04:30 AM   #59

Gilford , New Hampshire
I just purchased a 2009 Internationdl 25 and have a question on the hot water operation
If I fill the water tank I get hot hot water but if I connect a hose to the city water I don't get hot water
Alan
amekler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:12 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Hi Amekler, greetings and welcome to the forum.

You have posted a new question in an old thread from May of 2015. You should open a new thread, probably under plumbing. Click on the "Forums" drop down just under the Air Forums banner, select the repair forum "Plumbing", then take 'New Thread' and post your question.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 international