Old 01-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Las Vegas , Nevada
Tank Flush

I have 2007 Bambi 16ft CCD. It has a flush for the tank. The first few times I used it fine. Now when I connect, the water will not go in. There looks like a vacuum valve or something attached to it inside the trailer under the counter. Does anyone know of this thing locking up and not allowing water to come into the flush system? Thanks.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Jacksonville , Florida
Common problem. Ditch it and get a flush king. Much Faster than the built-in unit. Mine died after 6 month I inquired about getting it fixed. Went with the flush king instead.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailerpup
I have 2007 Bambi 16ft CCD. It has a flush for the tank. The first few times I used it fine. Now when I connect, the water will not go in. There looks like a vacuum valve or something attached to it inside the trailer under the counter. Does anyone know of this thing locking up and not allowing water to come into the flush system? Thanks.
Hey 'Pup,

That little gizmo is a vacuum breaker, required by code so no back-flow is possible from the black tank into the fresh water feed line. Most RV OEMs use those awful, cheap black plastic devices which break almost immediately on usage. I could almost make a business from replacing them.

There is a very nice all-metal unit on the market that I regularly use as a replacement. I believe that it's a Camco product, but I can't be certain. Let me know if you have trouble finding one, and I'll dig around and get the numbers for you.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Las Vegas , Nevada
quickie flush is what i am finding at camco site. it looks to be the whole kit. i'm wondering if this is what i need. some other good stuff over at the camco site, though. i would like to stay with this "stock" flush system and just replace the plastic valve... i have attached a picture of the plastic valve in question. the valve is located under the sink in my 16ft ccd thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	51877  
Old 01-04-2008, 05:49 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR
That right angle valve in the bckground looks to be the culprit! Let me know if you need one, and I'll look it up for you.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:23 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Escondido , California
You might try Home Depot plumbing section and get a soild brass one.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:00 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Las Vegas , Nevada
Yes. If I can get the valve in metal that would be best. But, I don't know what to call it. If anyone has a part number, much appreciated. So, there is no confusion...

There are 2 water inlets on the outside of the Bambi. One is for fresh water in. The one below is for the flush system that came standard on the Bambi. I thought the flush system would be a straight shot into the holding tank, but it appears that the flush system goes through this valve. While once I could connect the hose and hear the tank being "washed" now it appears that the valve will not allow the water to flush the tank to come into the system.

Here is a picture. The valve is located in the cupboard below the sink, near the wall under the faucet.

Thanks for all the help so far!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	51886  
Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 AM   #8
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Jacksonville , Florida
Well at least you can get to yours. Some rivets need to be removed to get to mine. I am not sure where but but we are just not going there.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:50 AM   #9
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
I used a Sloan vacuum breaker. Here is a link with the part number.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Las Vegas , Nevada
I am wondering if the Sloan valve is something I will find over at home depot (along with the pipe nipples it looks like I will need). Guess I should go google it. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #11
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
I don't know if you will find it at HD or Lowes. I found mine at a neighborhood hardware store.

Might have more luck with a web based plumbing supplier.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:47 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' International CCD
Houston , Texas
I would doubt the problem is a vac. breaker. I took my '06 28' CCD to the factory this past summer as the warrenty period was about to expire. One of the problems on the list was a black water flushout that wouldn't. The tech said it was a bad design - it required cutting an access hole in tank and replacing the flush head. He showed me the old head - spray nozzel had holes about as large as a pincil lead- which were all clogged with you know what!! (I am very attentive to flushing th black water tank frequently in an effert to prevent this from happening). You might try flushing the tank with a hose down the toilet, then filling the black water tank to about 25% full, adding 2x the normal amount of chemicals then driving around for a day. This didn't work for me, but was the only suggestion AS came up with when I called prior to going the Jackson Center. Good Luck.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

Las Vegas , Nevada
Yes. I think it is the "nozzle" in the tank. Will try to deal with it when the snow goes away. Other than that, I have only had the normal Airstream "minor" quality issues. Thanks.

Tags
2007 international