Old 11-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #41
3 Rivet Member

1998 34' Limited
ont , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefario View Post
so we did it!

25' FB with Midnight Sun interior. We bought it from George Sutton in Eugene, Oregon. They are to deliver it to the border on the weekend and then Ill bring on to Canada.

I read the thread a couple years ago about importing and it says you need a notorized title, most other things i read say just show up with the bill of sale, title and notice of recall, pay your taxes and off you go.

can anyone comment? is it that simple?
we bought a used one and imported to canada so we also needed the recall clearance letter from airstream which the dealer got for us ( i doubt you need that for a new unit!). Customs was a breeze, paid the GST very simple, they didn't even look inside the airstream. In ontario when we got the licence plates we then paid the PST and we also had to have an inspection done at Canadian Tire. Don't know if that applies to new units. The Michigan dealer we bought it from also arranged the temp licence plate.

enjoy your new airstream! you will be glad you bought the 25', once you start filling it up with baby gear!

redstart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009 international