Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2006 - 2010 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #21
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Great Idea

What we really need to do is have an Ocean Breeze Rally and see what all others have done to individualize their babies.

A OB rally, now that's a great idea.
SRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:34 AM   #22
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Tropic Room?

Pilgrim:

I should have asked what's a Tropic Room? Is that a brand name? I googled it but nothing came up.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
Tropics Room is what the AS dealer called it. It's a screened in porch that fits exactly under the awning on the curb side. For when you wish to sit outside and NOT be bothered by flies, mosquitoes, no-seeums, etc. It completely closes in that side of the TT - just like a screened in porch. Its great for eating outside and enjoying the outside in bug-infested areas. We had done the same thing when we boated on the Great Lakes (screened in the cockpit area). It's still a little daunting to put up but as we do it more often, it'll get easier.

Here in Ohio, we had 21" of snow last week-end and 60 degrees this week-end. Can spring be far behind??? We're ready as I know all 'streamers are!!!

Happy trails.........
Prodigy Brake controls
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool
Than to open it and remove all doubt."
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:12 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
I like the idea of a Ocean Breeze Rally!!!
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:30 AM   #25
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim
Tropics Room is what the AS dealer called it. It's a screened in porch that fits exactly under the awning on the curb side. For when you wish to sit outside and NOT be bothered by flies, mosquitoes, no-seeums, etc. It completely closes in that side of the TT - just like a screened in porch. Its great for eating outside and enjoying the outside in bug-infested areas. We had done the same thing when we boated on the Great Lakes (screened in the cockpit area). It's still a little daunting to put up but as we do it more often, it'll get easier.

Here in Ohio, we had 21" of snow last week-end and 60 degrees this week-end. Can spring be far behind??? We're ready as I know all 'streamers are!!!

Happy trails.........
Prodigy Brake controls
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool
Than to open it and remove all doubt."
Daunting, wow.

We still have trouble lowering the awning.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #26
Mr. Peeps, Pull-It Master

Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankandLois
I like the idea of a Ocean Breeze Rally!!!
I like that idea too. We sure love our Ocean Breeze and can't imagine changing anything in the interior except pillows, comforter, etc. Its light and brightness is the reason we bought it.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Gahanna , Ohio
Mike,

Yes, we found a 25 FB that we love. What would you like to know about the OB?

Cheers,

yakman
yakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

Sugar Grove , Ohio
We love the lightness and brightness of the Ocean Breeze. When my wife first stepped inside the OB, she exclaimed, "Wow". Upon closer look, we discovered the material in the curtains was not a quality material. The backing on the curtians was really an inexpensive material. Upon closer examination, we didn't like all the blue color and found that the blues often didn't match. We wanted our AS to be "ours" and not look like all the other Ocean Breeze 25 footers out there. We have selected all new material for the cushions and pillows. We have new material for the curtians at all the windows. Even our room divider will be a new material. Now we have to find the rugs we want. We love the colors and the look! Can't wait to get it out and start 'streaming. I don't know how long it's going to take to get it finished - hope not too long. This is why I think we need an OB rally - see what everyone else has done to individualize their OB. Some will certainly do less than we've done and I know, some will do more but it's so much fun to see what everyone does.
Mike, post your questions.............we'll ALL give you an answer and you can pick out the one you like best (right or wrong).
Prodigy Brake controls
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:40 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Tired of using a microfiber cloth... my arms, elbows, shoulders and neck need a break. What do you use to clean the shiny interior?

/Lois
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Gahanna , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankandLois View Post
Tired of using a microfiber cloth... my arms, elbows, shoulders and neck need a break. What do you use to clean the shiny interior?

/Lois
Lois,

How's it getting so dirty? We smash an occasional bug in the evening hours after the hatches are closed but haven't found a need to scrub the inside yet.

I suppose if you were full-timing some of the kitchen residue/splatter may start to grace the interior?

yakman
yakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #31
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1961 16' Bambi
1997 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Millstone Township , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream View Post
It is particle board underneath.
Although most people think because it is covered, there is particle board underneath, Airstream only uses Plywood for the cabinetry & interior walls in the Sport, Safari SE, International Signature, International Ocean Breeze, Pan America & Interstate. They all have a different color Laminate applied over the plywood. The International DWR, on most production runs, used a high glossy laminate over the plywood for the upper roof lockers and cabinet door fronts.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #32
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1961 16' Bambi
1997 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Millstone Township , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW View Post
Pilgrim:

I should have asked what's a Tropic Room? Is that a brand name? I googled it but nothing came up.
Zip Dee's Tropic Room Screen Enclosure

Awnings By ZipDee

Tags
2007 international