Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2006 - 2010 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-10-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
1957 26' Overlander
Plymouth , Minnesota
Picking up our trailer tomorrow

My wife and I will be picking up our trailer tomorrow.We ordered a 22' International CCD. I have spent many hours reading all of your posts and have learned alot. Thank you.I look forward to having the very first no problem trailer. We went and saw it Saturday and it looked real nice, tomorrow we actually go through it with the dealer.

Brad

"Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale"
(Hans Christian Andersen)

WBCCI 10289
TAC MN-69
AIR 11240
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Tossing and turning....

all night! Enjoy your new toy! For the one who makes the bed here is my trick. Take a long strap (seat belt fabric, leather, etc.) and screw it to the plywood near the middle of the front edge of the bed - i.e. the side you get in on. Make sure the screws are behind the doors so that they will continue to open... I put mine into the framework itself. Run the belt under the bed to the far edge under the window and allow about a foot or more to come up over the mattress. A loop in this end is great too. When changing sheets, crawl up on the bed, grab the loop and yank. The mattress comes straight up on edge. slip the old sheets off and put the new ones on the far corners, ditto for a blanket or spread. Let that side down gently and pick up the near side, finish putting on the corners.

One other thing I did was take sheet garters, removed the short elastic and replaced it with a piece about 20 inches long. I hooked these to the far side of the sheets before putting them over the corners. When I lift the front of the mattress, there they are. I hook them to the near side of the bottom sheet - and have a nice tight wrinkle free bottom sheet to sleep on until I change them again.

I did have a custom oval mattress made so that I could turn it from side to side (found that it was lots easier to turn ME from head to foot than the mattress). That was a mixed blessing. The round corners just get pillows stuffed in them on the wardrobe and night stand side, but the increased weight of an innerspring makes changing the bed a LOT harder. If you decide to customize, let me suggest that you try a mattress topper or a higher grade foam mattress... and check the weight first!

I also complained about the wet bath door hitting the edge of the dinette... then I looked at the conventional side bed 19 and 25 models.... now THOSE bathroom doors are tight! Just put a small piece of the fuzzy side of velcro on you dinette where the door can hit. That will keep both from getting dinged.

You're gonna love the computer desk, you'll use it every day. That's one thing I miss in my new 25 Safari FB SE. I am typing at the dinette and the keyboard is three inches too high. Seems minor, I know but it's an irritant.

Get Champaigne corks to keep the overhead bin doors from sliding open while you travel (collecting them is half the fun). Of course if you are more prosaic, use a paper towel wadded up and pushed in the finger hole.

Happy Happy happy! Enjoy and have many safe but fun adventures.

Paula Ford
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:36 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Paula - LOVE the ideas!

Paula -

LOVE!!! the ideas, I.... think.....

Sorta got the bed thing... but you lost me on the cork thing....

Photos of all the above, perhaps!?!?!!!!!!

Pictures "speaking" and all that!

Thanks!

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:40 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Today is the day. Congratulations!
Old 04-11-2006, 06:56 AM   #5
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Congratulations on the new coach! PICS WE WANT PICS!!!

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Plymouth , Minnesota
bathroom door hitting the dinette

We picked up our trailer today.It is cool! There are so many things that can be done with it. I think I can move the rear bench on the dinette forward about 1/2 an inch and get the bathroom door to open past it. I have to wait a few days to do it,my wife said so.
Paula, thank you for the idea on changing sheets on the bed. We are looking forward to spending many hours with this trailer

Brad

"Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale"
(Hans Christian Andersen)

WBCCI 10289
TAC MN-69
AIR 11240
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:27 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
WooHOO! Red letter day!

WooHOO!

HUGE Red Letter Day!!!!

Hope that all your AS experiences are solid gold from here on out!

WHAT an EXCITING day!!!!

Getting all goose-pimple'y for you!!!!

All the best!

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #8

2007 25' International CCD
Spokane Valley , Washington
Paula- great hint about the corks in the finger holes. We have a new 2007 International 25 foot FB...LOVE the funkiness of it. Have used it on two trips, one to Cannon Beach and one to Yellowstone Nat. Park...very cozy and fun!

Laney
Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:09 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Hershey , Pennsylvania
Congratulations on your 22 CCD.

Tags
2006 international