Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2006 - 2010 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Introducing our new 27' FB CCD!

I thought I'd take a few moments to post some pics of our new 2008 27' Front Bedroom. I made the drive down from Denver, Colorado to Searcy, Arkansas and Airstream of Arkansas to pick this up and I wasn't disappointed. We were supposed to be buying a 2007 model, but due to unexpected corrosion problems, I opted for a newer model.

This unit does not have the wrap around windows in the front. Normally, without the wrap windows, there are stacked closets on either side of the head of the bed. However, this unit is different. A factory mistake left the closets deleted, instead leaving the beautiful gleaming aluminum skin of the end cap. As far as I know, Airstream won't build units in this configuration from the factory, even in a custom build.

Anyway, enough talk, more pictures!!

Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Lovely, Congrats!

Thanks for the cool pics!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi traveling in S Tardis from the Great State of Jefferson
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:57 PM   #3
_

. , .
nice rig all around...

and the new truck rocks!

btw, i recognize both of those campsites...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Very cool! Neat bedroom, looks so much roomier and the first I have seen the 27' in the Signature Series. We were at Airstream of Arkansas too. Great dealership. Congratulations, it's a beauty.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Thanks. Yes, the lack of closets does open it up. I slept a night in a unit that did have the closets on either side and felt it a little confining. While I was looking at the added storage space, I don't think I will miss it too much.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
I got to see this great looking trailer at the Branson rally.

Chris has already done some mods with leds in and under the galley roof locker.

This unit also has led marker lights and they are bright!

Congrats Chris
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Thanks for the kids words Dennis, especially from the owner of another great looking trailer! Yes, the LED lights went in the second night. I'll try to get some updated LED pics of the interior.

And yes, I have the new LED marker lights. They are amazingly bright, especially when towing at night. They way they are lensed, I can clearly see the rear most marker light, making night backing and maneuvering a little easier.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
1969 31' Sovereign
Ft. Worth , Texas
Dennis, it's a beauty! We just bought a 27FB too --- not the International -- the Safari SE LE with the panoramic windows. Our bedroom is without closets which is why we snagged it. Lots of room to kick. LOL. Congratulations!
stowaways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
1969 31' Sovereign
Ft. Worth , Texas
Oops...er, West...not Dennis. Still tryin' to get the hang of this. <wink>
stowaways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Way Cool

Great Rig. I'm looking forward to see the mods you have one, as well as the ones you have planned....
Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Chris - Love the rig!! I'm sure you & the family will create some fantastic memories. I love my 30' Classic, but also really like the FB models too.

Question - what size bed is that - a real queen or an RV queen? Also, I can't tell how much wiggle room you have going from the bathroom around & to the head of the bed? My '03 Classic has the RV queen, and we can just
barely do the hokey-pokey to get up to the head of the bed to crawl in or out. What do ya'll have? Does that model have pocket sliding privacy doors between the bed & bathroom & between the bathroom & kitchen/family areas? Does the bedroom have a TV also?

GREAT rig. Congratulations!!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:50 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stowaways
Dennis, it's a beauty! We just bought a 27FB too --- not the International -- the Safari SE LE with the panoramic windows. Our bedroom is without closets which is why we snagged it. Lots of room to kick. LOL. Congratulations!
Yep, those panoramic windows are nice, but the DARK is what I desire where I sleep! After spending the weekend in the trailer, I enjoyed seeing that naked end cap even more, and so does my wife.

Congrats on your trailer too!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:51 PM   #13
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitsend@mom
Chris - LoveQuestion - what size bed is that - a real queen or an RV queen? Also, I can't tell how much wiggle room you have going from the bathroom around & to the head of the bed? My '03 Classic has the RV queen, and we can just
barely do the hokey-pokey to get up to the head of the bed to crawl in or out. What do ya'll have? Does that model have pocket sliding privacy doors between the bed & bathroom & between the bathroom & kitchen/family areas? Does the bedroom have a TV also?

GREAT rig. Congratulations!!
I'm pretty sure it has the same 'RV Queen' mattress that you have 60 x 75. However, several nights sleep has shown me that I don't miss the extra few inches. The width is more important to me, as my wife and I sleep comfortably in our queen bed at home. ANYTHING would be better than the 'not quite double' mattress that we had in our Bambi. The bed is a walk around, but more like a shuffle around, but certainly not a crawl over, unless of course one of the dogs has taken residence somewhere around the foot.

Unfortunately, this model does not have the sliding solid door. I'm not sure that the space required would make it worth it. In this size trailer, it probably wouldn't do much to sound deadening from the rest of the trailer. It does however have two sliding privacy screens/door.

Lastly, there is no TV in the bedroom. One could pretty easily be added if desired. The hookups are there on the street side wall. My trailer has the TV shelf. It's really a kinda hokey and expensive fold down mirror with support arms. Nothing special. Nothing is perfect, but I do love this trailer!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:19 AM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' International CCD
kamloops , british columbia
Well my hubby and I just made our debut trip to Vancouver to pick up our 2008 16 ft international. We were very pleased, we camped in it for 3 days (Vancouver Island) discovered little repairs and when we returned through Vancouver, Traveland dealt with my little list right away. The list included: the front door needed adjusting, the shower head wasn't mounted, the back window screen was offset, the thermometer became unglued from the faceplate oh and they gave us an extra key that wasn't for our TT, believe me other than the door, the stuff was very very minor. Service great and we love the simple clean lines and surface of the trailer. Gary had no problems towing it through rain snow and mountains! Lots of mountains. The size was better than expected for two adults, and we have more storage room than stuff to store. We are thrilled
Snowey BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:38 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Qn about your blanket

Congratulations Westfalia!

That's a gorgeous unit! I also have a CCD with the "Paprika" colour scheme. I was wondering where you got the blanket at the foot of your bed. It's a perfect match, and I'd like one too.

Thanks in advance. If anyone else has found great accessories that match the paprika scheme, please post pictures and details. I love seeing all the pictures.

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' International CCD
kamloops , british columbia
I have the "Cilantro" color scheme, and I had a blast accessorizing! I picked up the linins online at JC Penny. Place mats at a local Fields store for 99 cents. Corelle dishes in the Textured Leaves pattern. Even picked up rubbermaid totes and storage containers with the green trim. I would highly recommend JC Penny.
Snowey BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:55 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Willoughby , Ohio
It is a beauty - we wish that floorplan was available when we bought ours - we like it much better. Best of luck with your new baby!

Couldn't help noticing the iPhone and the Apple keyboard - good choices both!

I see that AS is equipping the new models with portable potties (under your dinette in the picture) for guests!
2005 28' CCD, 2011 Sierra 5.3L, Equal-I-Zer
Empty Nesters - spending our money on OURSELVES for a change!
Steve & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #18

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
avondale estates , Georgia
Great trailer! We are trying to decide between the 27FB and the 28ft. What made you choose the 27FB? Ciao
jake30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Hi Jake30,

We had a 2004 28' CCD and traded it for our 2008 27' FB CCD. Some of the reasons: Front and rear panoramic windows. Lots of light. The view is usually better towards the rear where we camp, it's nice sitting at the dinette and not looking at the side of the trailer next to you. The kitchen is laid out better. More counterspace. Larger closet. More room around bed. Outside door opens from the rear, less chance of causing damage if opened while traveling.

Drawback. Slightly smaller bathroom area.

Either way, you won't go wrong.

Good luck.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008 international