Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2006 - 2010 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
How much of a Rookie am I??

I bought this International and Love it. But what exactly does International mean? Is it a trim Level? I know it doesn't have to do with lenght. If it is a trim level what are the trim levels in Order? What makes an International special? The International plaque?????? Just curious.

Thanks.

Shane
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Colleyville , Texas
I am a rookie too but I think it is the trim. The International has the light above the door on the exterior. The cabinets are the dark finish with sliding transparent doors. I am not sure what else would qualify as an International . It would be nice to hear from everyone.
LisaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
I think I read somewhere that International USED to refer to an option level of a trailer that made it completely self contained, fresh and black tanks, so you could travel anywhere.

Now it means it's not a Classic or Safari or Flying Cloud.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
International models

Airstream "international" models have been around a long long time.

They basically, have a little finer appointments, and longer lengths, at least back then.

In the 60's, a 26, 28 and 30 foot trailers were Internationals. No, none of them had gray tanks. That's a myth. All the models were even numbered lengths, except the Caravel.

Starting in 1969, the 27, 29 and 31 foot models were all Internationals. All the models were now odd numbered, except the Caravel.

Again, they had no gray tanks, until the 1974 models. But they continued to have somewhat finer appointments.

The International continued on for many years.

Then for some reason, the Excella name came back, but had nothing to do with the 31 foot models exclusively, as in the 70's.

Next, came other names that had nothing to do with lengths, but moreso, appointments and standard equipment.

I am not sure that an Airstream sales person could accurately state reasons why Airstream created all those new models, with new names, that frankly, today, is confusing to some degree.

Maybe Airstream looked at the auto industry and how they usually came up with all kinds of names.

The model names, years ago, made common sense.

I'm not sure about that anymore.

But, most importantly, Airstream lives on, Airstreaming lives on, and the WBCCI, well............many of it's members maybe in some kind of rebellion of sorts, but time will tell.

Management always gets the blame, anyways. Sometimes very deservant and other times, well..........."and so it is".

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 international