Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2006 - 2010 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Gahanna , Ohio
Blue Streak interior on 2007 International CCD

We don't see the Blue Streak interior listed on the 2008 models. We have a couple of 2007 Airstreams at our dealer with this interior and we were wondering if it didn't catch on (so it was done away with) or it was a 75th anniversary interior. We are fond of it but we are wondering if anybody else was. If it was done away with, our dealer may be more willing to deal. Thanks
yakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #2
poet

Santa Cruz , California
Dealer has come down 12k in price for a 2007 ccd, but I am not certain about taking it over a 2007 safari SE.
Both are on sale, so I have very similar concerns, the headroom is 1" less in the Safari vs ccd.
hmmm
;j
CanyonJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
yakman, we have the BlueStreak interior on our 25' CCD but I believe that for 2008 Airstream dropped the bolder look of the previous CCD interiors for more subtle tones.

What do you want to be in life, a spectator or a participant?

SNU #157
FCU #004
Motoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
YAKMAN - Am curious about the Blue Streak on the International CCD. Like yourself, we are just starting out - is the Blue Streak the Ocean Breeze model??? We are also interested in the International CCD - in the 23' size. May I ask who your dealer is? My wife and I live in Hocking County but I work in Gahanna - at the Schoedinger Chapel on E. Johnstown Rd. between Hamilton and Morse. Would love to discuss Airstreams with you sometime. We have decided to put off purchasing until spring. How's your search coming along?

How did you decide to get into "streaming"? Have you owned one before? Where do you plan to use it? Anxious to hear more about your plans.
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Gahanna , Ohio
I'm surprised that they dropped it. Seems like you could accent with virtually any color with that black swirl. We're shopping now across Ohio, Colonial too in NJ (519 miles away) and trying to determine what we need now and for tomorrow. The Wenge interior/veneer seems to be very suspect on all of the edges/seams. The Wenge interiors on brand new units we've been through seem to be worn. We like the blue streak or Ocean Breeze interiors on the internationals. The Safari SE's are nice as well. I'm 6ft tall, and have found the corner bath in the 23 and 25's to be awkward. Kind of funny, but when I sit on the pot, my knee and head hit the door. I'd have to have the door open to sit comfortably on the pot! What a drag, but I can't sit up straight and poo! I know, a little more than you need to know.. So, it's either 25 FB's, or 27/28. We're searching financing now and some figures but we may end up looking for an '07 in the spring. Think any will be left? Maybe interest rates will come down?

We've never Airstreamed before, but we did RV it one weekend in PA this summer while rafting. Spent over $100/night to stay in a 29ft Fleetwood!! Our daughter loved it. We liked it too, but found the sleeping quarters uncomfortable and the overall quality poor. We've looked at Gulf Stream travel trailers and a Wildcat 32ft FW, and although they are much cheaper, we just couldn't pull anything else but an Airstream. We kayak, so a FW is out.. We'd never have room on top of the truck for 17 ft kayaks, and vintage is out too... we wanna take off for Maine next year and can't be second guessing the readiness of our rig. Michigan shores, Finger Lakes, Upstate NY, Smoky Mountains, all within a days drive.

Pilgrim, how long have you been looking?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
To Yakman - we've been looking seriously for 4-5 weeks. Have hit the internet quite hard and have driven to most dealers around Ohio. Piqua dealer had a couple but didn't interest us. I think we've decided on a 23' International CCD. I really like the Wenge and my wife fell in love with the Ocean Breeze. I think she has decided my choice is the better. Once we looked at our calendars we found no free week ends through November so will put off purchasing until the Spring.

We used to boat on the Great Lakes - miss it terribly thought maybe 'streaming would satisfy that missing wanderlust. Boating was great fun!! Expensive, but fun. No matter the cost of trailer travel, it can't compare to the 26-27 gallons per hour of boating PLUS insurance, lay up, repairs, etc....

Found some really good deals at year's end talking with dealers around the state. It is a good time to buy. Found dealer's financing to be better than local banks by a couple tenths of a point. Good luck with your searching and anxious to hear how it is going.

Talk with you again.........pilgrim
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:01 PM   #7
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
I also have a 2007 25'FB CCD in stock that has Blue Streak and yes they have discontinued not only the Blue Streak, but the Hazard Orange, Lemongrass, Dandelion and Aruba...they had been using them for years and the sales had really dropped.

Since coming out with the Signature Series...the International's have really taken off again.

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Gahanna , Ohio
Airhog,

How are sales with the Classics going? There seems to be an abundance of them on the used listings. They are certainly nice, but when spending the money, I think I like the International a little better.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
We're looking too. We found the rear bathrooms with the adjacent bed on the 23's and other smaller sizes to have two problems—"only" being 5'10, not 6' like Yakman, my knees (but not head) hit the door while on the pot. My wife's 5'9" and had the same knee problem. The door doesn't open much because it hits the bed and we had to go in sideways. Lesson—always sit on the toilet to see if it fits for you.

I suggest to Yakman & Pilgrim to read the numerous threads on the right truck for a specific trailer. There's an amazing amount of information (and some misinformation too) on these forums and don't believe what the dealers tell you about towing capacity. They want to sell trailers and know you'll probably never be back to buy another one because they last a very long time (unless you buy one too small and want a bigger one in a few years) and so they feel free to mislead you. Bigger trailer = more money for dealer. I was told clearly silly information at the first dealership I talked to about capacity (and some other stuff as well).

We just bought a Tundra and the color is "blue streak"—we'll be looking for a gently used Airstream and maybe we should match the color!?
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #10
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Classic Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakman
Airhog,

How are sales with the Classics going? There seems to be an abundance of them on the used listings. They are certainly nice, but when spending the money, I think I like the International a little better.
yakman,

Classic sales are still pretty strong for us...the 30' and 31' are our best sellers...we have also had some good success with the 27'FB...25'FB has been slow...we also carry the 34' and it seems to have slowed down a little for us.

Over all sales are really good...mostly the International Signature Series and Ocean Breeze and Safari SE.

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Bathroom doors - Reality Check!

Well here's a delicate topic...

First I live alone, and this leads to some bad habits and too much spare time to think. First, if you're alone do you really close the door even in your home? If you're the teensiest bit claustrophobic I bet you leave it cracked.

There's an option on the bath with shower on one side & sink/toilet on the other to have it made without the WC wall! One chooses the front and/or rear sliding door to shield oneself from the end of the trailer that is occupied.

Honestly, except in the 34' and possibly 31's - it's just too easy for everyone to know exactly what you're doing in the WC. The only real privacy shield against certain noises and fragrances is the fan running fast and loudly!

As a thinker, I opine that the bathroom fan ought to have a "down and locked" position for travel, and then by turning the handle 90 degrees, it ought to be down but unlocked... so that the fan running will lift the cover. Then you could have a wall switch (or on the luxury model, a seat switch that would automatically turn it on when someone was seated, or when the seat was raised). One could then use the WC without fear of offending or sharing TMI. If any of you tinkerers out there would like to develop this idea, I make no patent claims.

On the corner bath, there's an obvious potential to change the design slightly - change the rounded corners - and widen the door. The potential seems to exist to make it about 3" wider. I've seen those curved corners under construction in the factory and it's done by scoring the particle board on the back at 1/2 inch intervals, the board is then bent and laminate is put on both sides, but there's over 2 inches of unscored particle board on each side of the door.... seems to me that one inch would be adequate to mount the door hardware. (I'd BET that for a handicap access, the door would be wider!)

The doors have a COOL factor - especially with the oval CCD etched glass windows in them - but here's another heretical idea - again modify or eliminate the curved panels on the sides of the bathroom, make the top of the door rounded... and make it a sliding door that goes back inside the bathroom wall next to the bed. The top of the door has to be rounded enough so that it won't smack into the curved segments in the back wall. The top track could only be mounted on the center 4-5 inches of the door. Unfortunately this design might create another place for tall people to smack heads (in addition to the overhead cabinets and awning arms).

If you look at the 22' CCD, it has the best of all worlds - the wet bath is at the opposite end of the trailer from the bed, so the door opens much wider (it does hit the dinette though). Because there has to be enough room to shower, there's plenty of knee room when one is seated even for tall people - and because the whole thing is fiberglass - my 2 year old great nephew can "stand up just like daddy" - and I can hose down the area and let the floor drain take care of the problem. If I ever live in a house again, the bathrooms and kitchens will have floor drains!

Paula Ford
Old 03-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

South , South Dakota
we own one and love it 25fb
rd tighe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #13
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Interesting to read one of my early posts before we bought a trailer, not gently used, but new.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007 international