Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2006 - 2010 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #1

2006 25' International CCD
Queen creek , Arizona
2006 international ccd, what's it worth?

Hello, we are a young family of 5 in transaction to buy a 25 foot CCD in great-excellent condition with a 4 point away hitch for $37,500 and wanted any opinion available on this. Our kids are 8,5 and 1 and we are both 6 feet tall. Is this a smart purchase?

Thanks for any ideas!
Eeden34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Which floor plan is it? There is a 25fb (for front bed) or a 25ss (for sleeps six). Either could serve your family's needs quite well.

My thought on price - its in the ballpark if the trailer is in very good condition and comes with a expensive hitch. I'd try bargaining down to around $34k - but if the trailer is local, keep in mind that there is value in not going a long way to find one.

Tom
Old 08-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Lilburn , Georgia
We have the 2005 25' and love it. But there are only two of us. We paid $27 k last December, but think we got an outstanding value. Others exactly the same were on the market at the same time for $38k. I don't know what they sold for.
BeachHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #4

Queen creek , Arizona
Thank you. This is the floor plan with the full size bed on the back, large couch as you walk in & the table converts to a bed as well. It is the CCD edition and is very modern on the inside. It is local and there is no budge on the price.

Do you suggest paying the $500.00 to have it inspected & serviced prior to purchase? The seller says it is unnecessary but I want to be sure we are not missing an expensive or dangerous issue!

Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Lilburn , Georgia
Yes, absolutely have it inspected. We did not and while nothing big has been found since, somethings the PO may not even have known about needed attention. If nothing else you will learn what you will have to do for maintenance soon after getting it. Then you can factor that into what it is worth.
BeachHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeden34 View Post
Thank you. This is the floor plan with the full size bed on the back, large couch as you walk in & the table converts to a bed as well. It is the CCD edition and is very modern on the inside. It is local and there is no budge on the price.

Do you suggest paying the $500.00 to have it inspected & serviced prior to purchase? The seller says it is unnecessary but I want to be sure we are not missing an expensive or dangerous issue!

Thanks for your thoughts!
IF it has lived it's whole life in Arizona you probably don't have floor rot caused by leaks that you could have on an east coast trailer. However:
  • if it's on the original tires - they need replacement due to dryrot even if they've only got 500 miles on them.
  • the Air Conditioner has gotten heavy use in Arizona. Could be good for another 5-10 years or could be toast.
  • if the A/C isn't the 15K size it's undersized for Arizona unless you're on the high mesa or in the mountains.
  • undercarriage damage. you can and should crawl around under there yourself. What if a tank has been holed and repaired.
  • the skylight is crap - unless it's been replaced with a good one.
  • CRITTERS - how do you spell "hanta virus"? Arizona is an issue!!!!!
Volunteer inspectors - the FCU "four corners unit" of the WBCCI is one of the few really great WBCCI groups. Look for a volunteer inspector who can go over the unit WITH you - and teach you some stuff too.

Before you pop and buy - how many have you looked at? Now this is just pure evil coming from me, but I always say "lead a snot into temptation"... There is nothing more painful than buying, then seeing another that is 1000% more perfect for you. You are so impressed with the CCD interior (as are most people who've looked at the drek most SOB manufacturers use to "decorate" their interiors) that you may be bedazzled. Get some other serious eye candy in front of you briefly - just to make you sure you've found the one. www.colonialairstream.com would be where I'd start. Look at the Serenity as well as the Signature... and if you're really edgy they've got a silver and purple "thing" that Liberace would have thought was too much!

With two kids I'd also look at the 27, 28 and 30 models .... but the 25 is fine if you don't mind the corner bed.

Oh and I'm FoiledAGAIN because I bought my second new Airstream in less than 2 years after getting #1!!!!!! (it's not fun to feel like #2)

Paula
Old 08-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #7

Queen creek , Arizona
Hello Paula,
Thanks for the info,
The Airstream is due for a full inspection and tune up tomorrow. I have included your thoughts/suggestions in the check up.

I was wondering how I might get ahold of the number for the inspector?

Also, do you have a generator for your Airstream - or do you know which make and model you suggest and if it is smart to buy these used? What would get if you had to get a new one?

I really LOVE this airstream and think it is a perfect start for us. We already have our first trip planned to Flagstaff for the Labor Day weekend. Do you take yours to AZ at all, any suggestions about good campgrounds for kids/and where to be in the wilderness at the same time?

Thanks for all your thoughts
EE

Tags
2006 international