Originally Posted by Eeden34
Thank you. This is the floor plan with the full size bed on the back, large couch as you walk in & the table converts to a bed as well. It is the CCD edition and is very modern on the inside. It is local and there is no budge on the price.
Do you suggest paying the $500.00 to have it inspected & serviced prior to purchase? The seller says it is unnecessary but I want to be sure we are not missing an expensive or dangerous issue!
Thanks for your thoughts!
IF it has lived it's whole life in Arizona you probably don't have floor rot caused by leaks that you could have on an east coast trailer. However:
- if it's on the original tires - they need replacement due to dryrot even if they've only got 500 miles on them.
- the Air Conditioner has gotten heavy use in Arizona. Could be good for another 5-10 years or could be toast.
- if the A/C isn't the 15K size it's undersized for Arizona unless you're on the high mesa or in the mountains.
- undercarriage damage. you can and should crawl around under there yourself. What if a tank has been holed and repaired.
- the skylight is crap - unless it's been replaced with a good one.
- CRITTERS - how do you spell "hanta virus"? Arizona is an issue!!!!!
Volunteer inspectors - the FCU "four corners unit" of the WBCCI is one of the few really great WBCCI groups. Look for a volunteer inspector who can go over the unit WITH you - and teach you some stuff too.
Before you pop and buy - how many have you looked at? Now this is just pure evil coming from me, but I always say "lead a snot into temptation"... There is nothing more painful than buying, then seeing another that is 1000% more perfect for you. You are so impressed with the CCD interior (as are most people who've looked at the drek most SOB manufacturers use to "decorate" their interiors) that you may be bedazzled. Get some other serious eye candy in front of you briefly - just to make you sure you've found the one. www.colonialairstream.com
would be where I'd start. Look at the Serenity as well as the Signature... and if you're really edgy they've got a silver and purple "thing" that Liberace would have thought was too much!
With two kids I'd also look at the 27, 28 and 30 models .... but the 25 is fine if you don't mind the corner bed.
Oh and I'm FoiledAGAIN because I bought my second new Airstream in less than 2 years after getting #1!!!!!! (it's not fun to feel like #2