Originally Posted by Chuck
cat5/6--wireless seems to be the thing for voice and data, these days. What else might that wire be used for?.
Don't know about you, but I wired for things I knew we would never use, just in case we wanted to sell - which we did a year or so later....
Possible wiring additions:
- microwave (maybe relocation)
- short wave (Ham?)
- relocation/addition of outlets, bot 120 and 12 volt
- security systems
- temp monitoring in select locations
- wifi router (land connection from outside)
- cell boster with exterior ant. For locations with weak signal
- cb ant. (ESP. If you are part of WBCCI - they love CB's)
- additions of special lighting
- EMS (electrical management system - they've come down in price from what they use to be...
- mods or additions to marker lights
- electrical equalizer/stabilizer jacks
- catalytic heater - the kind that exhausts out doors and require 12 volt
to run the fan and thermostat.