Old 06-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Wiring diagram symbols

I recently purchased a 1994 Land Yacht, 30' motor home. It came with a complete owner's manual which I have read cover to cover. I am at a complete loss trying to figure out the symbols used on the wiring harness drawings.

Where can I get some help trying to figure out what these drawings are trying to tell me? I have tried for the last 2 hours searching the Air Forums site but with no luck.

Please help.

tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1975 31' Sovereign
Palomar Mountain , California
When I started to do my remodel I bought a couple of electrical books (12v & 112v) for RV's from Camper World and Vintage Trailer - great investment and will tell all.

Silver Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #3
Figment of My Imagination
2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Welcome to the AirForums!

Without knowing WHICH symbols you're trying to translate, my best suggestion would be to Google the phrase "electrical schematic symbols" and search in Images.

You're bound to find the specific symbols you're looking for.
WBCCI #1105

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member
I am familiar with normal electrical schematic symbols but the symbols used on the Air Stream wiring harness drawings do not resemble any schematic symbols I have ever seen. There are squares with circles inside and numbers in the circles. Sometimes the circles are diamonds or hexagons, again with numbers inside. There are circles with a square attached to one side and a line exiting the square which I assume is a wire. Inside the circle are some numbers, usually something like "1/4".

I was hoping someone had legend page that explained what the draftsman was trying to tell me. None of these drawings are numbered, only identified as "harness, body interior", etc.

I suppose that after I get a chance to tear into the wiring after I get it home and in my shop I will be better able to figure out what the symbols mean.
tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:36 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Box Elder , South Dakota
Can you post a picture of a diagram?
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote