Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2004, 07:06 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

wiring diagram?

Hi! Can someone tell me what the wiring diagram for the exterior trailer lights are.I hooked my new 1967 globetrotter up to my chev and The lights would not work.I had to find the break and signal lights on my tow vehicle and go directly to the lights at the back of my trailer and make the connection there.It got me home,fortunately I had this peice of speaker wire in the back of my truck that I could use to make the connection.Also, if anyone out there knows where I can get all the roof vent covers, I need them.I also need a wall light that is original to this years trotter.I am ready to go to work on it!

Thanks Ray
nu2argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:32 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
wiring diagram?

Greetings Ray!

Quote:
Can someone tell me what the wiring diagram for the exterior trailer lights are.I hooked my new 1967 globetrotter up to my chev and The lights would not work.I had to find the break and signal lights on my tow vehicle and go directly to the lights at the back of my trailer and make the connection there.
What you experienced is not unusual with a Vintage Airstream or Argosy. It has only been in recent years that there has been a somewhat standardized wiring scheme for the trailer/tow vehicle connectors. During the years, Airstream has used a number of different wiring schemes. The scheme below is one that is found on the Airstream web site for 1966-1981 trailers:

1966-81 Airstream Bargman Plug Wiring

Typically the way that I have used the information is for the color coding of the wires (then as an additional check, I use a 12-volt garden tractor battery with alligator clips to verify the function of each wire) to match up to the function of the terminals in the modern Bargman Connector wiring scheme that can be found at the link below:

Modern Bargman Connector Wiring Scheme

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:30 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Thanks for your reply Kevin.I'll look it up and see if I can figure it out.I will let you know how it goes.Cheers , Ray
nu2argosy is offline   Reply With Quote