Old 04-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member
Cutten , California
Yup, tight and dry. I'm going to remove all the conductors and coat the skinned copper with noalox and reinstall same in the buss bars. Copper to Alum. or Alum. alloy connections without corrosion inhibitor brushed on will eventually degrade dielectrically. We are less than a mile from the Pacific Ocean so plenty of good cold salt air here.

Thanks for the reminder, Sea

seacur50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member
Cutten , California
Hello from Alaska,
The techs at Sutton RV in eugene, OR could not find anything amiss w/the AS electrical system. After staying in parks in 6 states and 3 provinces w/no problems whatsoever I'm happy to say I agree with em.

Traveling the Alaska Highway (Alcan) is still a great adventure. There are a great many improvements to the road since I last pulled a TT over it in 95. The r/w's are cut back a couple of hundred feet on either side of the road now so visibility is excellent. Lot's of flora and fauna, including griz.

Roadside camping still attracts fellow travelers like a magnet; safety in numbers I guess. Many of the rock pits used for road construction have been closed but there are still good locations available. My hat's off to the bike guys and gals sleeping in the 3 mil nylon tents. (landlocked shark chum). Earlier this week a fellow was pulled off his bicycle and mauled by a brown bear in an Anchorage city park. AKF&G recommeneds the city close the park, go figger. All I'll say about that.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to assist me w/the electrical glitch and thanks to the Airstream Forums system admin. folks for providing this service.

seacur50 is offline   Reply With Quote