Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2016, 01:24 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingtipwalke View Post
@Losman, Did you buy the Pearl Rearvision system? They don't commit to the bluetooth/wifi connection working on an RV. Seems like an awesome solution if it works.
I spoke to these folks and on the surface this system looks like it might work till they told me that it was designed to only transmit a signal below 5 miles per hour. So that sort of became a deal breaker for me.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:22 AM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Excella
Ontario , Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endodoc View Post
The 2017 specs state, "Rear View Camera Pre-wire" is standard. Does anyone know the specifics of this.

Jim.
I have a 2006 Classic with the same message. Has anybody discovered where to find this wire? Somewhere I have read that the connection is near the rear right stop/turn signals, but maybe they meant the top running light. I have had the covers off the stop/turn signal lights and could not see any extra connection.
woodytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #43
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Your 2006 does not have pre wire for a rear vision system. It only started with the 2017 models.

Lew Farber
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:37 AM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Excella
Ontario , Canada
So does my 2006 have a pre-wire??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
Your 2006 does not have pre wire for a rear vision system. It only started with the 2017 models.

Lew Farber
Thanks for the update. I guess that I just thought that when it said in my 2006 Classic 31 Owners manual "Your trailer has a 2-pin power connector pre-wired into the running light 12-volt system for the installation......... of a Back Up Camera." that Airstream really meant it. But I think in hindsight that they were just getting ready for the 2017 production year.

Woodytwo
woodytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
I'm interested in purchasing a back up camera for the trailer now in 2020 and would like to see if anyone would like to update their posts on here since the thread is several years old. What brand of wireless system would you purchase now?
What method of tapping the power wire for the camera did you end up using? Lewster, where are the pix you said you were going to post with your method of tapping without extra drilling of holes?
Anybody go with the Furion wireless camera system?
Just want to know! Thanks.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:09 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Driftless Area , Wisconsin
I’m on my third voyager camera unit. Moisture issues with the first two, both of which were replaced under warranty.

If I were starting from scratch I’d probably try the Furrion. Voyager is fine for what it is but it’s nowhere near as good as, say, the backup camera in most cars at this point.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:20 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
I'm interested in purchasing a back up camera for the trailer now in 2020 and would like to see if anyone would like to update their posts on here since the thread is several years old. What brand of wireless system would you purchase now?

What method of tapping the power wire for the camera did you end up using? Lewster, where are the pix you said you were going to post with your method of tapping without extra drilling of holes?

Anybody go with the Furion wireless camera system?

Just want to know! Thanks.

I have been pleased with the Haloview RD-10 recommended by GMFL - here is a link to my post about the install. Joe

What Did You Get For Your Trailer Today?
https://www.airforums.com/forums/sho....php?p=2377545
jayseejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:35 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
We have the Voyager which came with the 2019 Sport. It works okay (no water problems here on the wet coast). Range of view is a bit strange as it pointing to the ground so I can see the back of the trailer but not too far back to where I am going and not too far up even with level of the camera so I can back into a low roof edge or tree limb.

There is another thread which shows some interior installs that could work. Probably my gopro on the back window would be better than the Voyager!

"Live Long and Prosper \\//" - Spock
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:15 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Fayetteville , Arkansas
This spring, I drilled holes on my voyager camera as others have recommended. Gave the camera a few days in the sun to thoroughly dry out. I placed a sealant bead around the glass enclosure. Finally, I resealed the drilled holes and all other holes in the housing.

Drove this week in many rainstorms. All was good. No moisture visible.

2017 25' Safari FBQ - “Fly Fish Inn
2023 F150 XLT
FishByFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 09:36 AM   #50
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
PB_NB,
I noticed that on a utube review that the view was not great, I just figured it was not aimed correctly. Is the camera angle adjustable? I would not like to have it so I could only view the ground either. Being able to see tree limbs when backing would be one of the reasons for having a camera back there (IMO).

FishByFly, NRYN,
I was not aware of the water issue with the Voyager camera. I'll make sure to seal the camera prior to installation. I have not purchased the unit yet so this kind of info is helpful too. Thanks for the heads up! I may look at the Furion model a little closer too but I can't find much user info on it.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:59 AM   #51
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayseejay View Post
I have been pleased with the Haloview RD-10 recommended by GMFL - here is a link to my post about the install. Joe

What Did You Get For Your Trailer Today?
https://www.airforums.com/forums/sho....php?p=2377545
Thanks for the link. I guess you don't see any issues with the system you installed? That is a major plus and worth an extra looksee on my part. It looks more complicated to install than the other brands and that draw back could be a game changer for me.
Old 07-25-2020, 10:11 AM   #52
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
Bluto, have a look at this thread:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f31...ra-194305.html

Jim installed an interior mounted camera which has some benefits. I think it is post #20

"Live Long and Prosper \\//" - Spock
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote