Originally Posted by jjonesnc
An automobile puts out 14.2 and they dont "kill" balleries off of 14.2 and they need the water topped off periodically.
You are right. But an automobile does not put out that voltage 24-7. A battery at rest puts out 12.5 or so volts. Any voltage higher than that will charge it. Charging a battery will make it bubble. Bubbling means losing water.
Regardless, if water has to be constantly
added to a battery, the battery is being overcharged. In my laziness, I do not care to add water to a battery on a constant basis. Your points are valid. But, please do not attempt to tell people that a correctly functioning Univolt means seldom
having to add water to the battery. Univolts will overcharge.