Old 05-01-2005, 03:04 PM   #15

1975 25' Tradewind
Huntington Beach , California
Oh yeah, I'll be definatley installing the Charge Wizard as well...

Thanks again.

Old 05-01-2005, 03:46 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Man
Oh yeah, I'll be definatley installing the Charge Wizard as well...

Thanks again.
Remember to get it at www.bestconverter.com
He is a fellow forum member that never hawks his wares when answering questions, (an important bit of information). He also offers a discount to fellow forum members, (another important bit of information).
Good luck!

Old 05-10-2005, 03:53 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Will this Inteli-Power and Charge Wizard fix my problems? Right now I have problems with the 12v system. I will go to the beach and come back and the 12v stuff will be off. I have to play around with connections, etc. to get it to come back on....it comes back on weak. Then after a while it will be better only to go off again in 5 hours. The person I bought my AS from has a small battery charger charging the battery. (like one you would slow charge your car battery with overnight)
Old 05-10-2005, 04:40 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl8ton
Will this Inteli-Power and Charge Wizard fix my problems? Right now I have problems with the 12v system. I will go to the beach and come back and the 12v stuff will be off. I have to play around with connections, etc. to get it to come back on....it comes back on weak. Then after a while it will be better only to go off again in 5 hours. The person I bought my AS from has a small battery charger charging the battery. (like one you would slow charge your car battery with overnight)
Just as a casula observation, it seems that your Uni-Volt is not charging the battery. There is another thread in here where one of the guys posted a drawing of the 12VDC circuit as it comes out of the Uni-Volt. Your Uni-Volt is supposed to charge the battery AND run the 12VDC stuff. It seems that your Uni-Volt is not doing this on a regular basis.
This is all speculative because I am not looking at your wiring. If the wiring for the 12VDC ciruits has been "modified" then you will have a problem there. What year is your trailer? I have the service manual for the 1978 Airstreams. Should you need the 12VDC wiring diagram I have one.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:51 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Remember that if you use a much bigger capacity charger and you use the original fuse distribution board, that the fuse is rated at 40 amps going to the battery. Therefore if you discharge the battery to dead state and the charger comes ON it will most likely blow the fuse and the battery won't charge. Everything else on 12 volts will run but your battery will stay dead.