Old 10-05-2016, 12:03 AM   #15
Rivet Master
1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
Folsom , California
I didn't like the trimetric box either, and I didn't want it to be "surface mounted", so I took an aluminum plate and mounted the trimetric panel to the plate and then "back mounted" the the plate to the cabinet:
See Post 12

Aluminumbskull with Led Balloon in Drag
Birch Plywood and Aluminum go together like
Peanut Butter and Chocolate
MarkR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:37 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2005 19' Safari
ishpeming , Michigan

I just want to say how much I appreciate the feedback from all of you in regards to this project. I just about finished today and just have to do the final wiring tomorrow. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would. Until then, this is how I did it. Essentially I grabbed the inbound +/_ as it came inboard, from the battery box, under the street side seat of the dinette. Positive goes to a battery disconnect solenoid and ground goes to a bus bar. I pulled ground off the buss bar and wired it into one side of the shunt. From the other side of shunt back to bus bar. Ran signal cable behind water tank, under sink and into wardrobe up behind two floor drawers. I cut a hole in bulkhead to left of stove and below Airstream info center. I threw away TriMetric's box and did a flush mount instead of a surface mount. Tomorrow I will go out in search of a piece of aluminum and create a trim plate for a look similar To Mark's. Woody

amazingwoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search