Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Tacoma , Washington
Systems Monitor

2012 Flying Cloud

Went on our first trip with the AS over the weekend to Ohanapecosh State Park at the base of Mt Rainier outside of the town of Packwood. really enjoyed our stay of course they have no services so we boondocked. My question regards the systems monitor and how to read the signals it displays.

Fresh Water
Grey water
Black Water
Battery

The vertical bar will display Green,Amber, or Red. I assume depending on the color of the display to the left of the systems it indicates Green OK, Amber 50% and Red getting close to full for the Grey and Black tanks or empty for fresh water tank.

Battery would fall into the same scale ???

The fractions on the extreme left tell you what ???

Thanks for your time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SystemsMonitor.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	163387  
BigGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, press the "Statis" button and it will light up for each tank and battery separately; This is when the fractions come into play.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 28' International CCD
Springfield , Missouri
When you first turn it on it gives you a overview of all monitored systems condition.Now press the status button again and it will tell you the condition in fractions of each individual item.Press again it will go to the next one down etc etc......so for example you can look at the battery state of charge in fractions by turning the monitor on then press the status button a number of times untill it blinks next to battery and look at the lights to see percent of charge.Cool huh ??
Moflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Expect it to be inaccurate. They can be recalibrated, but will not be accurate after a while. You'll get good at estimating what is in the tanks.

The sensors in the tanks get dirty, the contacts get dirty and maybe the whole thing isn't very good.

For black water, a flashlight down the toilet helps. For grey water, when it comes up in the shower, the tank is too full. When boondocking, pour dishwater down the toilet and the grey tank won't fill as fast and there is usually plenty of room in the black tank. You can bring extra water just in case you run out.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Tacoma , Washington
Thanks everyone that clears it up for me, makes perfect sense now. I agree that I can not rely on their accuracy but will give me am idea where I'm at.

Thanks Again
BigGrey is offline   Reply With Quote